Python Dev Tool: XBMC Emulator scripts
(killarny @ dec. 01 2005,13:48 Wrote:
(bakman @ dec. 01 2005,07:53 Wrote:@Killarny, i have tried your modified emulator, but i already get errors when i use setlabel.

falling back.
if you could specify the errors you are getting, it would help me with the next version i'm working on.
sorry it was getlabel:

Quote:   self.mainlist.additem(m.name)
 file "c:\python23\lib\xbmcgui.py", line 472, in additem
   self.tklist.insert( pos, item.getlabel() )
attributeerror: 'str' object has no attribute 'getlabel'
(bakman @ dec. 04 2005,22:48 Wrote:
Quote:self.mainlist.additem(m.name)
file "c:\python23\lib\xbmcgui.py", line 472, in additem
self.tklist.insert( pos, item.getlabel() )
attributeerror: 'str' object has no attribute 'getlabel'
hi all,
i got the same getlabel error on some recent scripts, like mytv.py for example.
in fact, i am running the emulator on a linux system (i had to adapt the script to get the right filesystem paths with "/" caracters instead of "c:\" windows-style), but that shouldn't by an issue with python langage (cross platform).

on some older scripts (without controllist objects), the emulator is working very well.

to fix the getlabel() error simply edit xbmcgui.py and change this line (line 475 for my xbmcgui.py):
Quote:        self.tklist.insert( pos, item.getlabel() )

for something like this:

Quote:        label = ''
       try:
            label = item.getlabel()
       except:
           label = item

self.tklist.insert( pos, label )

that will solve your getlabel problem. what's happening is that the getlabel method doesn't correctly handle strings as it should.

cheers!
can this be made sticky :nuts:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
as long as they unstickify some other ones... there is hardly any room left for non-sticky topics.
it would be nice to have the emulator pys as part of the cvs, and have the ability for the python gurus to update it as needed.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
unload lib tip is abit old now, i think we all got that one ages ago.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
imo there should be one stickied locked thread that has links to all the current stickies. this is only because i dont know of any way to change the number of threads displayed.
is the emultor still updated? none of the links appeared to work for me.
(prone @ may 15 2006,22:33 Wrote:is the emultor still updated? none of the links appeared to work for me.
latest is posted on xbmcscripts.com
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(killarny @ nov. 20 2005,22:37 Wrote:most of the added functions are simply stubbed out, and i haven't tried these files on very many scripts yet, so please let me know if there is a problem in this version that was not in the old version.

xbmc.xbmcgui.emulator-0.2-20nov2005.zip
is this the last versionHuh i was on http://www.xbmcscripts.com and found no version. can somebody give me a url to download the last version?

thx

thanks for the pn. now i have it:

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/modules....emid=36

Hi Alexpoet... you are all talking about emulator... is it the emulator where I can run and test an edited/developed XBMC? or emulator that's installed inside XBMC and used for the scripts intended to be used inside XBMC? I am actually looking for an emulator where I can test my own XBMC. I don't have it yet but I am planning on starting one of these days. I am about to start, I'm just preparing everything that I need.
see the previous date of posting... 4 years !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Dev Tool: XBMC Emulator scripts0