AC3 audio not being passthrough to reciever
passthroughed? anyway

I'm unable to get AC3 audio to passthrough to my receiver when playing videos. I'm currently on jester's 17097 build and it was working fine a few builds back (around 16000 something) but now it doesn't.

DTS passes through fine so I know xbmc is correctly set to digital output. Any help would be appreciated.

debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m6987563f

Also what are all of those "Surface::CSurface::Flip - missed requested swap" in there?
I can confirm this bug, currently using bulid 16499 everything works fine. With later bulids (i think from 16620) no ac3 sound only stereo from external decoder.
It might have something to do with this http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16620
Xbmcbuntu
I had the same problem, but found the solution in a different post.

Try checking if you have msvcr71.dll in the c:\windows\system32
Allfodr Wrote:I can confirm this bug, currently using bulid 16499 everything works fine. With later bulids (i think from 16620) no ac3 sound only stereo from external decoder.
It might have something to do with this http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16620

Oh yeah I should have said that it was sending stereo.

It's good to have confirmation, thanks man.
I'll check on msvcr71.dll later on.
vlx42 Wrote:I had the same problem, but found the solution in a different post.

Try checking if you have msvcr71.dll in the c:\windows\system32

I do have msvcr71 in system 32, otherwise xbmc won't even launch. could you please post which os and sound card are you using?

@samrum tnx i thought i was alone with this, and since xbmc is not properly mapping analog 5.1, we are doomed to old svn's Big Grin
Xbmcbuntu
Allfodr Wrote:I do have msvcr71 in system 32, otherwise xbmc won't even launch. could you please post which os and sound card are you using?

Ok, my xbmc launch fine without msvcr71 in the system32 folder, but i get this error in the log file, and the ac3 audio is converted to stereo:

Code:
ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\liba52.dll (126)

The msvcr71.dll is also located in the c:\program file\xbmc folder but the liba52.dll can't find it there.

I'm using a old audigy card under vista.
latest svn builds from the sticky have everything you need included and working.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have this "bug" too.
DTS is fine but not AC3 from dvd or files on hdd work, pcm only.
Tryed the latest build from Jester without luck.

Cant find older builds that should work, aka 1649.

Can someone help me out with a older svn build?
Thx

Update:
I forgot too say that on XP Pro /MCE it´s working just fine.
Vista 32/64 it´s not.

Im not running XBMC windows on comp i sign but on this:
Intel Q6600@3ghz
8GB A-Data 800mhz mem
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 rev 2.1
Realtek 889A soundcard, on mobo, s/pdif -> Yamaha 5.1/DTS receiver
Nvida 8600GT 256mb
System hdd is Fujitsu 2,5" 60GB
Storage is not important in this case Wink
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro - Onkyo TX-NR696 - LG OLED 65B9 - DS411J - SMB server@win10
Here is link to svn 16499, try and let us know. Same thing for me dts is fine but ac3 is only outputting to stereo with newer builds...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6dd86...f6e8ebb871
Xbmcbuntu
I just tryed out Jester latest build, XBMCSetup-Rev17344-jester, x264 working fine Smile
Will try out some dvd now.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro - Onkyo TX-NR696 - LG OLED 65B9 - DS411J - SMB server@win10
Tried the latest jester build and still only got stereo.

Checked my system32 folder and msvcr71.dll wasn't there so I downloaded it and put it in my system32 folder and AC3 passthrough worked again! Hooray!

Thanks, vlx42!

Edit: Here's the debug log of the same file now that it works. http://pastebin.com/f129971e8
Yeah before the latest Jester build i used the 8.10 just for testing, i then got the error with the dll file, downloaded it and fired up xbmc, ac3 working but play dvd disc was a no go.
Then i saw Jester had compiled a newer build and downloaded that one, and it worked, could be that i already got the dll in system32, can check when i get home from work(still 8 houres left)
Strange, is in all my builds I include the missing .dll files...(they are in the XBMC folder)

strange error:

Code:
DEBUG: msvcrt.dll incomplete function _fullpath(...) called
Well im going too make a reinstall of my Vista 32bit tonight anyway and i´ll check if all went good with the new build.
Thumbs Up 
Finally working for me too with latest Jester's build (Rev17368) Big Grin
thanks to Jester for all the hard work...
Xbmcbuntu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 audio not being passthrough to reciever0