• 3(current)
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)
queeup Wrote:What do you think about recreate your navi-x skin? More PM3.HD friendly, like AMT script.
I don't quite understand the "PM3.HD"-friendly part because it plays fine in "PM3.HD" on my box... please specify what you mean. I am unfamiliar with the AMT script so please specify. If your interested in helping making a better skin, email [email protected] because he created the script and can better address your questions. If you want to submit a background image for Navi-X Networks, e-mail me at [email protected]

iRoNBiLL
I think he means make a skin fit more stylistically. I second this request

AMT = Apple Movie Trailers
sion28 Wrote:Maybe I'm dim/slow/thick, but I can't seem to get the download feature working. I was going to download a divx movie file, which I can watch if I select it, but when I select to download it, the download icon appears on the lower right corner of the navi-x gui, but nothing ever gets downloaded... I even waited overnight.

Any help? Thanks.

Sometimes Navi-X needs to be shut down then started back up again in order to get the downloading queue in Navi-X to work properly again. Basically, try downloading the item and if it doesn't work, hit the back button then go back into Navi-X and select "Download" > "Queue". Hit the black button and select "Download" to try downloading the troubled item you tried downloading a moment ago. I think it has to do with an error handling certain web data and causing an error, preventing additional commands from working properly until you reboot the script. Just go back to the Downloads queue and try again and it should always work.

iRoNBiLL
BlueCop Wrote:I think he means make a skin fit more stylistically. I second this request

AMT = Apple Movie Trailers

Whatever the case, I don't work the skin, I work Navi-X Networks and the Navi-X website. Email Rodejo and if you can convince him, it would be more effective. He used to make a couple of skins for Navi-X, but stopped a while back. Try talking him into a new skin if you can.

iRoNBiLL

Just to clarify something, I know sometimes I come off a bit of a jerk, but please know that that is not my intention. If I make short, blunt statements then they aren't intended to be negative statements. As far as anything relating directly to the Navi-X program, skin or functionality... ALWAYS EMAIL RODEJO DIRECTLY. There is a slight chance he will not see or answer your questions in this forum topic... I mostly moderate for this post.
A brand new video is available for Navi-X and it's freakin sweet... check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRLn5UdCCpo
Bill ... I email rodejo but thought I'd post here. I'm running the latest XBMC 8.10 build (stable) w/ the ProjectMayhem3 skin. I have Navi-X 2.4 (but can install 2.5). I can navigate everywhere, can see thumbnails, etc. but upon initializing a stream it seems to take it right up to it getting ready to play, then nothing. (This is also happening on my latest YouTube install...3.4 I believe, but it happened with 3 also.) Maybe I'm missing something simple?

Also, side question: what is an SVN? Where can I read more about it?
Well after a little personal learning experience of my own, I've discovered what SVN is... here is the link to XBMC.org's definition for your reading entertainment. Most people basically refer to it as the official XBMC scripts and plugins archive of files. :
http://xbmc.org/development/svn/

SVN means subversion. "It's a tool used by many software developers to manage changes within their source code tree. SVN provides the means to store not only the current version of a piece of source code, but a record of all changes (and who made those changes) that have occurred to that source code."

Here is the web based application for accessing the XBMC Repository:
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the "No Video Streaming" issue, it seems like it's not only happening in the Navi-X script, but your YouTube plugin as well... think back to when was the last time it worked, when you discovered it stopped working and what changed between then and now. Any changes on your network router in security? Other than that, try upgrading to Navi-X 2.5. I doubt it's the fix but hey, it's always good to try. Whenever your get video working again, you can use 2.5 and queue "background downloads" and watch or listen to whatever while downloading. Try a different forum topic for general XBMC video issues... Goodluck! Added = I found out the latest version of XBMC (March 4th) is having some issues with scripts and plugins so try the latest STABLE build.

iRoNBiLL
For those of you banging down my door about "What networks does Navi-X offer?", check out the first page of this post and the list is there now. I will try to update it as often as possible.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43884

I also found out the latest version of XBMC for Xbox is having technical issues with scripts and plugins in general. Make sure you use the STABLE version of Xbox Atlantis 8.10 on Xbox with Navi-X 2.5 for the time being. Thanks.

I also completed my research into why the plugin community treats Navi-X and all other scripts like a disease. The findings are startling... read more here: http://navix.turner3d.net/forums/?action...view&id=52

iRoNBiLL
Hey ironBill will there be any plans to support google video?
Google Video uses mainly YouTube and Hulu to provide their content. We already support YouTube video's no problems... we have someone working on a "universal scraper" as we speak to work for EVERY site on the net... Hulu, MegaVideo, whatever! Until then, no Hulu support... sorry. Maybe a month or 2 before we see a working version of this scraper implemented. Someone is definately working on it though and apparently has a way around it.

iRoNBiLL
I don't mean hulu support which is US based. If goolge video comes from hulu then I shouldn't be able to watch videoes without proxy.

I know youtube has some google videos but I prefer 1 or 2 videos to 10-15+ chopped up.

The video I was watching was about a weed documentary I doubt that would be from hulu providers.
I said Google Video is made up of Hulu Videos "AND" YouTube videos. Not just Hulu videos but YouTube videos as well! Each video even tells you where it comes from... theres a watermark on each video saying YouTube or Hulu, showing you where each video is coming from. It's not the difficult to understand what Im saying but if I'm not being clear enough, let me know, lol.

iRoNBiLL
I've installed this plugin and when I choose the plugin it tries to start downloading and just sits there not working until I choose the option to cancel and then I doesn't even let me press back to get out of the plugin

I'm using the latest version I think v2.5 but just cant get it to work.

I have LastFM, iPlayer and lots of other things working so don't understand what's wrong. Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks
Navi-X is in your scripts folder, not your plugins folder right?? If not, put Navi-X into the scripts folder and try again.
Doh!

My mistake thanks it works great now Big Grin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)1