• 4(current)
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)
Hello-

I am having an issue when attempting to make a playlist-

I am using the navi-xtreme playlist creator, and I want to make a playlist to view the pictures and videos from http://www.break.com. Break offers RSS feeds for this content.

I have created a playlist that can be found in Navi-X under the Navi-Xtreme media portal called Break.com.

The issue- the RSS feeds show content, but for the images, when you select them, a blank page appears. For the videos, it is seeing them as images (just the default thumbnail image), so when you select a video, this image shows up and no video content is played.

Is there a way I can fix this? Or is it an issue with break's RSS feeds?

Thanks.
The problem is that the RSS feeds you are using do not include the the link to the video. The RSS links points to a HTML page which need to be opened by a webbrowser. Fortunately the Break.com website has two rss feeds for the ipod which you can use:

type=rss
name=Break Movies
URL=http://ipod.break.com/channel/movies/

type=rss
name=Homepage
URL=http://ipod.break.com/channel/homepage/

#
Navi-X version 2.6 was released today.

Parental control is included now which was requested by a number of of users.

Rodejo
I was gonna answer the question, but Rodejo keeps beating me to the punch, lol!
Thanks for the help- unfortunately I still can't seem to get it working. It now shows them as video files, but when i select one, it says "loading" for a moment, and then does nothing.
is this going to be added to the svn repo?
Hi I downloaded the latest navi-x 2.6, put the navi-xfolder into the scripts folder of where the xbmc is installed

I fire up xbmc then go to scripts and select navi-x....it then says running and then nothing happens!??

Im running the xbmc atlantis version for windows on vista

ANy ideas?
Orbosphere, maybe there is a problem with the RSS feeds. I tried using the new links and got the same issue your talking about. Only thing that looks different is there are multiple media files referenced in the RSS, but other feeds have this and work fine... again, I think it's the RSS feed, but I'm not 100% on that.

Afail, I JUST got added to the SVN today! I plan on uploading Navi-X a little later today and keeping it updated for Rodejo. Keep an eye out for it!

Itye, I KNOW for a fact, Navi-X works on XBMC Atlantis for Windows XP... Vista however is a mystery. You're the third person I heard with issues on a Vista machine. I'm not saying it's Vista, I'm just saying Vista is more evil that Satan's dirty burning colon! If anyone has any experience with Vista and Navi-X, your feedback is well appreciated, otherwise this one is beyond me.
Afail, Navi-X Media Browser is now listed in the SVN Repository. I'll put up an easy tutorial later when I get some sleep. Took an act of God to figure out how to upload Navi-X as there was very little documentation to uploading to the SVN. Later.

http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/scripts/

iRoNBiLL
I asked you same question somewhere else but this seems like a more appropriate thread. I have installed Navi-X on windows platform and let me tell you I am impressed however I cannot select a link with mouse clicks and I always have to press enter to go further in the menu. Is it just me or it is not supported yet.
Avnishb, I have no idea why that is. It is certainly an issue with everyones Navi-X... try e-mailing Rodejo and see what he thinks... he created Navi-X and might have an explanation already... [email protected]

iRoNBiLL
For some ood reason i can't access some of my playlist and while searching youtube it won't let me go to page two.
This is an awesome addition to my XBMC setup. The content offering is amazing.

I do have one problem though, besides occasional hanging.
This is on an Xbox with the latest T3CH build, rev18221.

It seems that if I try to download a video directly to the Xbox HDD, there is no problem.

However, if I try to save a video to my D-Link NAS over an smb network share, the download icon shows with "Retrieving Content from Source" or something like that (can't remember exactly @ this moment). After that, all downloads will hang until I clear the queue and exit back to the dashboard (or maybe until I rebooted, can't remember it was late last night).

Sorry, I know this is a bit vague, I'll reproduce it when I get home later and post exactly what my steps were. Is there a log that might capture what is happening?

Also, as a note: These are just example paths, but by default video tries to save to the internal HDD @ Q:\where-ever\youtubefile.mp4.
When I click browse and select my smb share, the location shown becomes smb://flyingtoaster/xbox/\youtubefile.mp4

I do go in and manually delete the \ before trying to download, but it leads me to believe that maybe the code is only expecting \ and doesn't know how to parse /. As another note, I have no problem copying files to the NAS from the Xbox HDD through the Dashboard's File Manager, so I don't believe it's permission error or anything like that.
Joker, there was some server issues earlier with Navi-Xtreme, but things should be back to normal now.

Durango, Glad you like the content! As far as downloading and saving via SMB network share, I don't think it is technically supported by Navi-X, which would explain the problem saving video's over network share via Navi-X. You can try e-mailing Rodejo at [email protected] and he should be able to tell you for sure. He made the script.

As a side note, Turner has been working on a fancy new upgrade to Navi-X which will blow your socks off! Right now, he's gotten CBS video and MegaVideo to work in Navi-X... soon enough, we might see Hulu and Viacom networks!! Fingers-crossed!

iRoNBiLL
Hello all u Navi-Xers

im sure u all have noticed navi-xtra was slow for a long time
well that was due to career moves and child birth but now
we ("SOLOCKY"= me and my boyfriend) are slowly getting back at it so put this in your favorites list and enjoy until we get "NAVI-XTRA" back up to speed

type=playlist
name=SOLOCKY VISION
URL=http://solocky.so.funpic.de/SOLOCKY-VISION.plx

ciao
SOLOCKY
(Christine & Andre´)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)1