• 9(current)
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)
Currently Navi-X has a lot of features .
look at this to see what is on Navi-X.
And here to what Navi-X can do at the moment

Is there anyone that want to help developing script/plugin Navi-X?

This is a very new project.Mainly to combine forces,
so more thing can be viewed on the web through
XBMC and be maintained.Cause often this doesn't happen
if some lonely wolf works alone.
So if you are working alone maybe you would consider
working together on Navi-X

* we could use somebody with python skills
* You can either help in the script/plugin development:
for consultant of bugs or new features,porting it to another platform , processor or scraper development.
And making new feature

* Or making a scraper and processor
look for more information about this on the second post

* Or translate Navi-X to Spanish ,French ,German?

* is there someone with java experience around who like to help us?
more information on this when you reply to this thread or pm me

So if you want to know more or think of helping Navi-X.
Reply here please first than i will give you an answer and i will see what i can do for you have
I will probably will edit this post in the future to make more clear
which kind of help is needed?
And provide more information about scrapers and processors.

I will also make more clear who is working on a certain development
processor graps the url of streamable content of a webpage
where you can play a stream
example of webpage

scraper gets all of the links of streamable contents of a webpage
and put this in a playlist.
example of webpage
So you understand than not all times a processor is needed
cause sometimes the link will go to the url of the streamable content
instead of webpage where there is video you can watch

In order to create a processor, you will need three main skills.

* Programming in a “web language” - PHP, Perl, ASP, etc
* Writing and understanding regular expressions
* Figuring out final media URLs manually from the site you're trying to snag media from

look in Processor Docs for more information
I will post later an example of a processor and give more information
Just noticed that some clever person has managed to add JustinTV on Navi-x.

Tried out the football and cricket streams on my xbox which are working but then the xbox hangs about 5mins in which I'm guessing is to do with the memory leak in xbmc. If you want to try it out for yourself I found it in a folder called "Processor Proving Grounds" and JustinTV is in there.
thanks for the notice, found it and its working great so far
Justin.tv was my doing - if you're looking for it, the path to take in Navi-X is:

Navi-X Media Portal >> Navi-Xtreme Media Portal >> -= Site Scrapers =-

Also in that list: Crackle TV, Crackle Movies, NBC, Fancast (partial... only edgecfs stuff atm), and a bunch of others.
turner3d Wrote:Justin.tv was my doing - if you're looking for it, the path to take in Navi-X is:

Navi-X Media Portal >> Navi-Xtreme Media Portal >> -= Site Scrapers =-

Also in that list: Crackle TV, Crackle Movies, NBC, Fancast (partial... only edgecfs stuff atm), and a bunch of others.

Very well done chap, if only xbmc on xbox didn't have the memory leak this would be fantastic. Hopefully by the time the new football season is upon us the memory problem will have been sorted and I can enjoy the Premier League through xbox instead of having to run wires all over the place from my pc to tv. There's been a fair few of us after something like this for a long time now so well done, you've made a lot of new friends!
Sad 
and what is the TRAC number that someone (not I) has submitted to get this memory leak resolved? It effects 5/21/2009 on my xbox outside of navix.....)Sad
Here is the ticket I found about it...

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/20463

Here is the official update on the RTMP memory leak issue...it appears to have been fixed but it is still pending release on the Xbox branch of SVN at this time. Thank God! Or you can thank Frosty and that would be just as well! Wink

Check out the update notice here... http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=342...stcount=29

iRoNBiLL
I mentioned earlier that my Xbox will freeze often when using Navi-X's Shoutcast section. I realize now the freeze occurs if I am downloading/browsing on my computer and streaming at the same time just as the built-in screensaver starts.

Obviously my downloading/browsing is causing it, but I'm curious as to what the reason would be? How is limited bandwidth related to the screensaver and thus the crash of the Xbox? Is this related to the memory hole?

Thanks!
With this issue atrac, I would ask this in XBMC forums, because Navi-X is simply a directory listing of links... using Navi-X would be the same as if you went to your audio sources and had a browse button setup to scan the internet. The real question to ask would be "Why does my Xbox freeze when my screensaver turns on while streaming audio?"

A test that can confirm whether the issue has to do with Navi-X or not would be to manually add the source to the ShoutCast radio channel to your "Audio Sources" then start the audio and let the screensaver run. Also make sure you duplicate the same environment by downloading something big simultaneously on a computer connected to your LAN.

If the same error occurs, the issue is with your XBMC...
If the error doesn't occur, the issue is with your Navi-X...

I was unable to replicate the problem you're having so I can't give you a more definitive answer until you try this test. Then we'll know where the culprit is and the next step would be to try a "fresh install" of the suspected app, either XBMC or Navi-X. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL

http://navix.turner3d.net/forums/?action...iew&id=126

Here is the topic about the Navi-X skin for XBMC. Makes getting to Navi-X possible with one click! If your Xbox isn't playing games anymore, it can play Navi-X in one click at least.

Compliments of Tikkiew!

iRoNBiLL

P.S. By the way, for those who don't know... updates have been coming so fast for Navi-X it's unbelievable! For those who wanted to watch The Colbert Report and Daily Show from Hulu, I've got the next best thing for you... Colbert and Daily Show episodes via Fancast...the same playlist, courtesy of Turner, now available in Navi-X. Great work Turner!
For those people who don't know about this... You can add content to Navi-X easily!!

http://navix.turner3d.net/members/

Click the link above to create an account on Navi-X and start adding your content today! As soon as you add it, your playlist of media items becomes immediately available for everyone to share and see!!! Add movies, music, television shows... whatever! It's just like adding the sources to your copy of XBMC, except you share the wealth with everyone and if you upgrade your XBMC, you won't have to go through the trouble of re-entering the same links all over again! Do it now or we'll hate you forever, jk.

iRoNBiLL

P.S. The RTMP memory leak issue has been fixed on the Xbox finally!! Everyone, feel free to enjoy the latest additions of CNN, Discovery Channel and FOX News LIVE, as well as Justin.tv BlinkoTV and the other RTMP channels we added to Navi-X!! About time we get a live television playlist going, this way I have something to watch while in class Wink
How'd it (rtmp) get fixed?
Because the navi-x devs probably don't monitor googlecode:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/iss...tail?id=24

I assigned it to rodejo16 & cc'ed billdaly, who I think is ironbill.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Hey Lewis, Frosty was kind enough to fix the RTMP issue in XBMC, then someone rolled out the fix to the xbox version on June 1st.

rwparris2, that is correct, we don't use google code for troubleshooting with folks... not enough people troubleshooting with us at google code to keep going back and checking it everyday. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)1