IMDB scraper disabled, already scraped movies at risk?
As per title. Do we risk to overwrite what's already in the library if we force an update for whatever reason?

Also, really sad at this development. Confused
Yes. Export your data to nfo files if you wish to keep it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ashlar Wrote:As per title. Do we risk to overwrite what's already in the library if we force an update for whatever reason?

Also, really sad at this development. Confused

as you asked this, i assume you have one of the recent svn revisions. if so, export your current database entries as separate files and also select to export images and fanart. that way you get all those current images & nfo's written into your sources directories.

now if you rescan any movie or show it will read from the source dir instead of downloading anything from the net - then the answer to your question will be: no.

finally, don't take this as a hint, but: imdb does not like ppl to scrape contents, and xbmc developers decide to follow this rule. this does not essentially mean scraping does not work any longer ~cough~
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:as you asked this, i assume you have one of the recent svn revisions. if so, export your current database entries as separate files and also select to export images and fanart. that way you get all those current images & nfo's written into your sources directories.
How does one do that?
ashlar Wrote:How does one do that?
uh? take a loot at your settings.

settings -> video -> library -> export video library

then use
- seperate files per entry
- export thumbs and fanart: yes
- overwrite old files: you decide..

that's all Smile
So on this subject, Has there been any modified versions of new scrapers that will allow us to export/upload to the new themoviedb site to help quickly bring up there catalog by chance? If not yet, what is the 2nd best scraper currently? I was thinking maybe amazon, until themoviedb.org is up to par.
The themoviedb scraper is now the default, yes.

The amazon scrapers are disabled for the same reasons.

You also probably don't want to just upload IMDb information direct to themoviedb.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK then. I was hoping there was an easier way we can help out themoviedb's info with all the info were already have scraped without having to manually key all the stuff in to them. I hope this gets worked out, that's really the BIGGEST part of XBMC in my opinion is being able to grab all the info and images and fanart for your movie collection. Thank God we have TVDB still for the tv show side of things. Smile
djdafreund Wrote:OK then. I was hoping there was an easier way we can help out themoviedb's info with all the info were already have scraped without having to manually key all the stuff in to them. I hope this gets worked out, that's really the BIGGEST part of XBMC in my opinion is being able to grab all the info and images and fanart for your movie collection. Thank God we have TVDB still for the tv show side of things. Smile

themoviedb.org has already a huge database. i found every movie there i tried to scrape so far.
azido Wrote:themoviedb.org has already a huge database. i found every movie there i tried to scrape so far.

Yeah, same here. But it doesn't seem to get any or no covers/posters. I hope they will enable this soon.
mindweaver Wrote:Yeah, same here. But it doesn't seem to get any or no covers/posters. I hope they will enable this soon.

mh... i see at least a poster on nearly every movie i try to find on tmdb..
there seems to be just no special section for dvd covers at this time, but as posters can be uploaded, it should not be a problem to scrape them instead.
azido Wrote:mh... i see at least a poster on nearly every movie i try to find on tmdb..
there seems to be just no special section for dvd covers at this time, but as posters can be uploaded, it should not be a problem to scrape them instead.

Yeah "most" movies get ONE poster. But they are often not the real one or the one I want to display, impawards and the other one presents a collection of posters for each movie, that shouldn't be too hard for developers to fix. Since it was available for the other scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scraper disabled, already scraped movies at risk?0