Color Distortion
Exclamation 
HELP PLEASE!!!!
I have gotten everything up and running with XBMC on my old Xbox and it still plays games just fine but when I use XBMC or try to play a video, the color is all wrong. It is like the screen is only red and green (mostly green).

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I thought maybe the video card had gone out but then that can't be because the games have correct color. I have tried using the HD AV cable and also just the red, white, yellow cable to connect to TV.
TSadhanks!
This should be in the xbox forum.
Screenshot?

P.S. -- The color is also funky like this when I try to play a divx movie. Haven't tried a regular DVD yet.
Please take a screenshot with xbmc's screenshot function (one of the thumbsticks).
Not to be dumb but how do I get that to my computer? I have not been able to get the Xbox to communicate with the network yet. ( I was going to work on that next.) I promise this is exactly what you will see with a screen-shot. My camera took a very accurate picture.
cables or connectors are not connected correctly?
I've been over and over the connections. That is the first thing I thought of but it happens with the basic RCA inputs as well and the HDTV rgb inputs so I know it's not a matter of switching the blue and green wires by mistake.

Also, XBOX games play and color is fine.

Is there a way to update the video drivers in XBMC? It seems like it is using one set of video drivers for games and one for XBMCHuh?
there aren't drivers like that.. try a fresh install (make another xbmcfolder) maybe you have some corrupt files..
Thanks for suggestion. I'll try that and report back results.
Well I got it fixed but I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. I did several things:
1. Deleted old XBMC install and reinstalled fresh build to "altdash" folder.
2. Went into EvolutionX dashboard and disabled SOG(sync on green), enabled "progressive scan" and disabled "VGA".
3. Connected to TV using the HD Xbox cable. (r,g,b)

I THINK the fix was disabling SOG and VGA.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color Distortion0