XBMC and Boxee plugin/script compatibility?
Question 
All this scripts, that works so good in boxee, why isnt it possible to get them work in xbmc?

I mean, apple trailers, youtube, they work very good in boxee. Shouldnt there be the same good stuff for XBMC?

/Söder
Oh man if there was an internet video section on XBMC then I would never use boxee! Boxee will be great once it is out of Alpha, but right now there are just too many issues.

Could Xbmc have a video plugin for Julu, Hulu, etc. ?
XBMC content blows Boxee out of the water.The scrips and plugins available through XBMC scrips,the svn plugin repo,odds and ends in the forum and the new XBMC passion.....That include such plugns and scripts as..all the ones you named and alot more.The content should keep you busy for as long as you need entertainment.
^^ How do you get the above content in XBMC? Sorry for being such a noob!
Navi-X Media Browser is your all in one solution for streaming video, audio, text, pics, rss feeds or whatever on the XBMC! Check out http://www.navi-x.org to download the Navi-X 2.4 script and check out a video demo as well as screenshots and forums. I personally like the Adult Swim section Wink

And for those looking for a Hulu Plugin for XBMC, check out http://www.mediafire.com/?wqtv55wador I think someone posted an article on xbmc.org in December.
Will that navi-x for Xbox work on the ATV? If so, how do you use it on the ATV? Also is there a link on how to use that Hulu download?
Navi-X is NOT for AppleTV. Rodejo has not made plans to expand to ATV at this time. As far as that Hulu plugin, it's a plugin. Put it in your plugins folder then go to your videos section and add the plugin to your list and click on it while connected to the internet to view it. Might I recommend you check out Navi-X first. Just put it in your scripts folder then access your scripts and start watching tv now!
I've now tried a lot of plugins but have as of now found nothing to browse and watch youtube clips that is comparable to the boxee youtube plugin.

Has anyone got any hints for me?

(No, I don't like Navi-X. I want something small, fast and easily accessible from the startup screen...)
Have you tried the normal YouTube script?
In Boxee internet video is much more integrated in the whole video section. I think it is great development of HT software is being taken a step further with Boxee. To bad it isn't as open as XBMC. Because of that it will never achieve what XBMC has achieved.
From what I understand, some stuff that is being written for Boxee will also come to XBMC. Which is more then fair because the community has put a lot of effort into XBMC, and Boxee is based on XBMC.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
smcnally75 Wrote:Have you tried the normal YouTube script?

Yes, remember having tried a script.
But just seeing the clip name and duration is not enough to enjoy browsing YouTube. I'd like to have a plugin/script to use the movie library mode templates to show clip description, rating and so on.
That would be just great...

(Furthermore, the boxee stuff seems to be much more stable.)

Quote:From what I understand, some stuff that is being written for Boxee will also come to XBMC.
That would be great!
The Apple Movie Trailer implementation is also better in boxee...
Yes, and I've read that there will be (or is going to be) integrated opensubtitles.org support in Boxee, which would be a really nice addition to XBMC!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Big Grin 
Rookie Wrote:XBMC content blows Boxee out of the water.The scrips and plugins available through XBMC scrips,the svn plugin repo,odds and ends in the forum and the new XBMC passion.....That include such plugns and scripts as..all the ones you named and alot more.The content should keep you busy for as long as you need entertainment.

Sure XBMC has more, but most/many of them simply don't work. We as a XBMC community have SERIOUS cross-platform compatibility issues. The issues occur because their is no quality control over scripts and plug-ins to ensure compatibility. sad but true, i personally feel this is the Achilles heel of XBMC at this point in time.

i dont want to hijack this thread but i taught it was appropriate considering the subject matter. for more information and a good discussion of the issue see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44414

note: in that thread there is lots of discussion of lack of internet content and plug-in script compatibility.

Slice
I don't agree with that.

It's like this.XBMC only seems not to have working content because of what YOU want to watch.As a whole,XBMC has much much more than Boxee.There is no argument.

There are many internet channels that have worked for me on XBMC since I first started playing around with it.Most of the ones you speak of are people walking away from their work.If all the people that work on all these scripts stuck to just one we wouldn't have what people want the most(in average).If enough people ask,their is always somebody to keep it up to date.Also many multi-channel scrips and plugins that would take forever for any media center to catch up on.

But on the cross platform situation .....maybe,I can't say I haven't read into it.
Wink 
Rookie Wrote:I don't agree with that.

It's like this.XBMC only seems not to have working content because of what YOU want to watch.As a whole,XBMC has much much more than Boxee.There is no argument.

There are many internet channels that have worked for me on XBMC since I first started playing around with it.Most of the ones you speak of are people walking away from their work.If all the people that work on all these scripts stuck to just one we wouldn't have what people want the most(in average).If enough people ask,their is always somebody to keep it up to date.Also many multi-channel scrips and plugins that would take forever for any media center to catch up on.

But on the cross platform situation .....maybe,I can't say I haven't read into it.

I agree with your conclusions with regards to XBMC’s diversity and I am indeed happy that so many people have put so much effort into bringing additional capabilities to XBMC. However I can’t make this point enough, I have stated it many times before when lobbying for additional control and standards of quality over the scripting/plug-in community; ask your self how many mediocre YouTube scripts/plug-ins do we really need? The point is if their was additional control and quality checks we would end up with a better overall result. That is not to mention the fact that if those working on similar projects collaborated, the overall end result would be better then if they build their own alone, why reinvent the wheel? Duplicate functionality is a waste of resources if you ask me and the time could be better spent on refining the code to ensure cross platform compatibility.

Slice

P.S. the fact that XBMC has a less then stellar record of cross platform script and plug-in support is irrefutable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Boxee plugin/script compatibility?0