MP3 audio (PCM) playing too fast over HDMI/SPDIF
Did this thread just die out, or did everyone get resolved? I followed instructions at Lifehacker.com to use XBMC Live with an Acer AspireRevo and I'm discovering that either they got lucky, or they didn't document the whole procedure. I'm just starting my trek into this morass of audio settings trying to get audio to play at the right speed through HDMI. I'm to the point where HDMI output works fine for DVD iso's and mp3, but flv, avi, wmv, etc. are all playing way too fast on my Acer AspireRevo with XBMC Live.

I've used the advancedsettings.xml resample coding for 48khz mentioned elsewhere here, and followed Lifehacker's instructions to make a .asoundrc file containing

Code:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

Previous posts here indicate that audio related to video formats needs additional tweaking to work. Where do I go from here? If a debug log helps, where do I find it?
im in the same boat, finally picked up a revo based on the life hacker article and while video is great, i cant seem to get mp3 to play at the right speed ... i try both speed mentioned by adding a advancedsettings.xml file but no luck ... i have both audio set to hdmi and also try plughw:0,3 as well without much luck ...
altern8 Wrote:im in the same boat, finally picked up a revo based on the life hacker article and while video is great, i cant seem to get mp3 to play at the right speed ... i try both speed mentioned by adding a advancedsettings.xml file but no luck ... i have both audio set to hdmi and also try plughw:0,3 as well without much luck ...

Debug Log...
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
this post has moved to here
I am having the same issue here with my revo via HDMI. Videos with audio at 48000 play fine, but those with lesser sample rates play too fast (chipmunk style). I've tried the advancedsettings

advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <audio>
        <resample>48000</resample>
    </audio>
</advancedsettings>

.asoundrc:
Code:
pcm.!default {

type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}

}

From the debug log, it seems like it is not resampling the audio:

14:49:31 T:2807028624 M:663900160 DEBUG: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - Channels: 2 - SampleRate: 32000 - SampleBit: 16 - Resample false- Codec PCM - IsMusic false - IsPassthrough false - audioDevice: hdmi

Appreciate any input on what to do.
plug:hdmi, if your on a recent xbmc the audio spinner with hdmi should do this perfectly, perhaps you upgraded from an old build? spin that spinner a few rounds and end it at hdmi and see if it helps
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:plug:hdmi, if your on a recent xbmc the audio spinner with hdmi should do this perfectly, perhaps you upgraded from an old build? spin that spinner a few rounds and end it at hdmi and see if it helps

Thank you very much for the reply. After this I checked and yes I was running a pretty old version of XMBC (built March 2009). I upgraded to the latest svn and the video files are working correctly now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 audio (PCM) playing too fast over HDMI/SPDIF0