• 3(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
sion28 Wrote:Thanks. I take it you were able to reproduce this problem then...?

Yea Wink
Hey strange bug on this one -- I've noticed with the Basics-Vision skin, that when I select "Play all sequentially", I am always brought to the navigation interface (with the video in the background) when it moves to the next segment. It's annoying, but not critically. Still it would be great if you could look at that! Thanks again for this great plugin!!
I believe that's how the xbmc video playlist works. So I don't think it's a bug. It's the only way that I could think of to get the videos to play together.

@sion28, I've been busy lately so give me a little more time to get to the update.
i have noticed this same thing when building playlist in python. it only seems to happen to me when i am using my xbox. the windows build i am using it doesn't have the problem.

It is also inconsistent on when it happens. like if i skip a segment manually it will remain full screen but if a segment ends and goes to the next it will rerun the script for the directory listing which i think is what is making it exit full screen.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.

again thanks for this. i am a frontline addict
BlueCop Wrote:i have noticed this same thing when building playlist in python. it only seems to happen to me when i am using my xbox. the windows build i am using it doesn't have the problem.

It is also inconsistent on when it happens. like if i skip a segment manually it will remain full screen but if a segment ends and goes to the next it will rerun the script for the directory listing which i think is what is making it exit full screen.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.

again thanks for this. i am a frontline addict

Yea, I got those same results. Its odd the somethings act differently on xbox than on Windows.
It looks like that overhaul someone mentioned PBS was doing has gone live.

http://www.pbs.org/video/

Right now the videos aren't playing for me. I only had a brief chance to check it out earlier, and it may have been my ad blocker that was in the way. Of course anyone who is using this plugin may want to keep an eye on the site.
stacked Wrote:@sion28, I've been busy lately so give me a little more time to get to the update.
Thanks for the update. I figured you'd post something when you got to it. Big Grin
Now that the pbs website has been changed, I'm sure you'll have more to tackle, and maybe this problem will resolve in that...
Any updates? Really need by PBS/Frontline fix...
sorry that i didn't have time to update my plugins. I've been busy with school and other side projects.

I'll work on updating it by tomorrow. Smile
There are two methods for watching videos on pbs. 1) use their new video player or 2) use their old flash player. Currently this plugin is written to use the old flash player. The only problem with that is every week when a new video is posted, the plugin can't play it. So the plugin needs constant updates, which is no efficient. The new player is great. I can easily generate direct links to the rtmp streams and it won't take that much time to write a new plugin around the rtmp streams. My only problem now is that XBMC won't play the pbs rtmp streams, I just get errors. Confused
Smile 
I thought rtmp streams worked with the dvdplayer just not mplayer??

--I'd be glad to test if you'd like a tester...
lewis.donofrio Wrote:I thought rtmp streams worked with the dvdplayer just not mplayer??

--I'd be glad to test if you'd like a tester...

I finally got the rtmp streams to work, thanks to frosty. I'm busy for the next 2 days, so the plugin should be done by Wednesday.

you can test this script...(copy and save as pbs.py, put it in the scripts dir, and run). This is an example of how the videos streams will be like.

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui

playpath = "mp4:tp-live/PBS_CP_FRONTLINE/fline-2714-stream"
rtmp_url = "rtmp://pbs.fcod.llnwd.net/a1863/o6/"
item = xbmcgui.ListItem("PBS")
item.setProperty("PlayPath", playpath)
xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER).play(rtmp_url, item)
maybe I did something wrong but its playing 62.5 fps?? and it will not let me switch to mplayer....dvdplayer renders the stream but doesn't buffer correctly??
i tried running the script, but it just won't launch for me. Any progress?

Thanks for all your efforts!
Updated, view the first post.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2