Got a second AppleTV - How to duplicate first one...
I tried searching for this, but came up empty.. Can someone point me to how I would duplicate the library, profiles, etc from one AppleTV to another? I have XBMC installed on each, they both are pointed at the same video sources but keeping both libraries up to date is a bit of a hassle.

I was thinking it would be nice to copy the specifics (library, user profiles, settings, etc) from one unit and drop it on another. It would at least give me a starting point without having to download all of the movie info and images...

Also if anyone has any suggestions about how to manage two XBMC installs and keep their libraries in sync I would appreciate it. Anyway to store the libraries on a shared location where both could access?

Other thoughts?

Thanks!
Ok-

I finally came up with some decent search phrases for the forums and found a decent solution. I have not implemented it yet, but I will be writing something to do so this weekend. Basically it appears that if I use one of my ATV's as the master, then copy the folder /userdata to my second ATV that I should be good to go... I know others are looking for something a bit more full featured, but this will solve my problem. I will write a simple script to copy the data and set it up on a cron to run nightly while everyone is asleep.

Hope this helps others-

-DB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got a second AppleTV - How to duplicate first one...0