New Skin Concept
Some Concept Ideas for a New Skin Proposal.

Home

Weather

System

Music

Music Album Listing

Movies

Thoughts, feedback greatly appreciated.

D
Looks nice and clean Smile

I think you'd need a few more items in the thumb menu, and maybe a normal list rather than a wraplist on the list one.

Also, I think the reflected text may need to be a little more subtle.

I like the concept very much, but I think it'd need some brainstorming as to how the usability would work Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yep, nice work. It's definitely a starting point for some discussions Big Grin
Slight alteration to whats above based on feedback.

Looks great but it needs to take overscan into consideration for those running such displays that has overscan, meaning no text or buttons near to any edge of the GUI as they may get then get cut off on displays that does overscan.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:Looks great but it needs to take overscan into consideration for those running such displays that has overscan, meaning no text or buttons near to any edge of the GUI as they may get then get cut off on displays that does overscan.

Isnt that why we have video calibration in settings Wink

Saves my screen from beeing thrown in the trash atleast.
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Indeed, and all new screens have none, so all new skins should be designed with little overscan in mind IMO.

All I am saying is that at least 'some' consideration for overscan should be thought of now, rather then later when it will probably be too much work to change.

Topfs2 Wrote:Isnt that why we have video calibration in settings Wink
One should never use the video calibration on an LCD display, at least not of you have a HTPC with HDMI/DVI digital output, it will ruin the pixel perfect playback.

jmarshall Wrote:Indeed, and all new screens have none.
Not true, I seen plenty new LCD and Plasma displays which have overscan, ...perhaps not as much as old CRT displays but some new TVs still has overscan.

PS! Not every user can afford to buy a new TV if they already own a model that does overscan Eek ....and XBMC is praised for its great value for money Wink
Then they're rubbish and should be avoided at all costs :p

Some more screens of where I am going with this idea. The idea being that the Orange colour scheme can be changed by the user to suit their personal taste. Next stop Media Views etc. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Library Updating

RSS Feed Overlay

Movie Info

Waiting

Secure Folders

Keyboard Input
Slight alternations to above.

Thoughts, feedback greatly appreciated.

D
Beautiful!
started some of the coding:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=295394