Movies by Genre, by Actor, etc ?
Hi,

Is there such a menu/dialog, so that I can choose a movie based on a criteria like that. I know MediaStream has this and the code seems to be simple
PHP Code:
<item id="2">
              <
description>By Genre</description>
              <
labelBy Genre </label>
              <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,moviegenres,return)</onclick>
            </
item

How difficult or possible is to create another dialog box when pressed on menu or any other button will the user be able to choose movie on a criteria? or is there something like this already?
library mode does this for you..
Can you point me to a howto? i am using library mode, but in the horizon/aeon skin I cannot find the option for this... maybe i am overlooking something? I am on AppleTV..
xbmc.org/wiki

not like that link is a hidden secret around here
Ilia Wrote:Can you point me to a howto? i am using library mode, but in the horizon/aeon skin I cannot find the option for this... maybe i am overlooking something? I am on AppleTV..

You'll have to go into 'Movies' then go back a level from there (with the 'back' button, not the 'menu' button.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Yes I have tried that... when I press the back button (I have a version on my Mac) it lists
- Movies
- Recently Added Movies
- Playlists
- Video Plugins

That is it. No genres, etc. I have read that wiki as well, obviously it is available on other skins, but i cant for the life of me find this functionality in Horizon/Aeon skin..
Turn off flattening.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Couldn't find a way to turn off flattening in Horizon/Aeon so had to do it in another theme, this worked great thanks for all your help guys..
[Edit] Found the flattening in PM3 but still can't find genre in HorizonzIII.

The only flattening I could find was for TV Shows. What theme did you use and where did you find this? I also would like to be able to go in by genre.
Using PM3 goto Videos on the side menu at the bottom it should have "Flatten" options just untick it by clicking on it, then go change the themes and use back when u get to the movies then u should see the diffrent criteria (by genre, etc)
Aha, got it. Kinda counter-intuitive but at least it's there. Thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies by Genre, by Actor, etc ?0