XBMC HD Linux - Hardware Query
Hi,

I have just seen this box advertised and am very keen to get XBMC outputted via HDMI.

Does anyone see any major issues running XBMC in HD on this hardware ?

If I have missed a previous thread on this feel free to point this out

"The Motherboard is a Inno3D SL7N73PVM-HDMI NVIDIA 7100 Socket 775 MCP73U Onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard (original box will be supplied with drivers etc) Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Socket 775 2.4GHz (800MHz) L2 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor (box will be supplied for warranty Sep 2011) 4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 667MHz Memory 500 GB SATA Hard drive, and DVD writer WinTV 1300 DVB-T hardware decoding PCI card SkyStar 2 TV DVB-S PCI card. Video and sound are sent through the HDMI socket, but can be configured for other outputs. The HTPC is running on Win XP Media Edition (C.O.A. included) with Freeview etc set up and operated via the media remote control"

Also, it is being advertised at £250, wondered what folks opinion on this is for 2nd hand hardware

Many Thanks in anticipation !
Pete
I skipped a motherboard with NVIDIA 7100 becasue there was people having problem getting 1080p to run smoothly, also your CPU of choice is a bit weak. You need E7300 for 1080p atleast.

I'm gonna recommend you the ASUS P5N7A-VM board.

Also use the search function the next time, this thread is excellent for hardware discussions:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34235

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HD Linux - Hardware Query0