XBMC+ffmpeg-mt, unofficial third-party build with multi-threaded decoding
I've created this thread in support of the XBMC build I did with the ffmpeg-mt patch
more info here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5680

you can download the build from the link in my sig.
XBMCSetup-Rev17640-jester-ffmpeg-mt.exe

Please post in the thread as detailed as possible if you see any improvement when using hi-def video with multicore CPUs
as far as i'm aware this should help multicore CPU's with bringing the decoding strain down on them by hopefully some percentage.
i got two high bitrate 1080p mkv's, when using the adjust refresh rate feature i lost a lot of frames.. with this build i loose about 15 frames in the entire movie. unfortunately that's the only benchmark i have now. The killa sample doesnt make sense for me.
Louike Wrote:i got two high bitrate 1080p mkv's, when using the adjust refresh rate feature i lost a lot of frames.. with this build i loose about 15 frames in the entire movie. unfortunately that's the only benchmark i have now. The killa sample doesnt make sense for me.
I think in a thread like this more information on your hardware and the bitrate of files (use Mediainfo) would be useful.
updated to SVN17141
Louike Wrote:i got an improvement in my high-bitrate mkv's using the adjust framerate option.

Where do you find that option?
I did very quick test but reading from the "O" info while playing 720p mkv's ffmpeg-mt is about 5% less efficient than normal build.

DP
Are there any benchmark clips available to test this with?
dpassent Wrote:I did very quick test but reading from the "O" info while playing 720p mkv's ffmpeg-mt is about 5% less efficient than normal build.

DP

Same thing for me plus the FPS were less stable as well.
i'm looking for those resynced patches, are they available ?
Also, are those compatible with the ffmpeg source used in the linux branch ?
w1ll14m Wrote:i'm looking for those resynced patches, are they available ?
Also, are those compatible with the ffmpeg source used in the linux branch ?

What are these "resynced patches" supposed to do?
Is this going to allow us to switch the ffmpeg build in and out? If so, pretty neat stuff.

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/17166
I somewhat anticipate this build to be focused primarily on the quad-core owners among us, if I am understanding correctly. As I just happen to have an Intel Q6600, I'll download and install it tonight and give some feedback then.
when using this patch will the external ffmpeg-mt also "decode" subtitles? I am getting tired of the vobsub problem in xbmc (that's why I am using the external player patch) Sad
mindweaver Wrote:What are these "resynced patches" supposed to do?

making it possible to patch against most recent svn revision.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC+ffmpeg-mt, unofficial third-party build with multi-threaded decoding0