Record TV-stream from PC onto Xbox HDD?
i was thinking in record tv from a xbmc. i am not crazy or stupid. i was thinking in a system server-client that could comand the pc with a tv receiver (server) to record a video that we choose from xbmc. and after it will be possible to see that in a xbmc.
or you could just use the pc to record the tv program directly...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

every think that u can do with a xbmc we can do with a computer. the difference is that xbmc is very pratic to use and is possible to control with a remote control. that is the difference betwen the computer and the xbmc.

if some one do that will be possible to change a channel and pause a alive program using one the remote control and maybe program to record a program to u see later on the xbmc, like sky+.
but you need a computer to record even under your scheme (xbox doesn't have video in so you'll always need a computer). so why use xbmc at all when you still need a computer?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the computer will work like a server. we don't need to go there, only left it on. i alweldy have a computer server to storade my mp3, internet server, videos and emule.

my sister don't know how use a computer at all, but use de xbmc. if she could use a remote control of the xbmc to record her movies at the cable tv the are going to be happy. she don't need to know that is the computer that are doing the work.
its already been done, its called mythtv, and there is a client version (frontend) for the xbox. go to mythtv.org for more info. alternatively, you can use xbmc w/the mythtv python scripts to view recorded programs on the mythtv box and view the guide, cant schedule recordings yet, but i believe its being worked on.
(butcher @ july 04 2004,18:14 Wrote:but you need a computer to record even under your scheme (xbox doesn't have video in so you'll always need a computer). so why use xbmc at all when you still need a computer?
actually the xbox does have video in, the option was left open as a potential feature for the xbox the video out is actually pinned for video in/out the supplied cables only have the outs pinned obviously, now whether microsoft ever put the nescesary hardware in for video in, i have no idea, i doubt it but if they did, and you can figure out how to use it, you would be my god.
die hard xbmc and xenium user.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record TV-stream from PC onto Xbox HDD?0