Aeon "Longevity" Maturity/Stability? Migrating from Windows MCE / MyMovies
Question 
Hi Guys,

I am an avid user of the My Movies software for VMC. Another user posted a link about how slick the Aeon UI was, and needless to say, im blown away. I have a collection of a little over 4,000 movies already categorized, ripped, and compressed to co-exist with MM/VMC.

I am definitely thinking about switching over to Aeon and running it directly off of my HTPC. One of my worries is the "long term stability" of Aeon...I am not too familiar with it and was wondering if it will still be supported, say a year down the road? Another worry is from searching around and researching a bit, I understand there is a new update to Aeon coming out, "Stark"?? If I download the alpha version today and begin the very tedious task of converting my collection to Aeon - will everything work when the new update is released?

Also, what sort of backend is associated with the program and is it easily customizable? Thanks so much guys! To the creator - GREAT WORK!! Looks AMAZING.
I think you maybe slightly confused. Aeon is just a skin. The backend is XBMC.
I think you should do some reading up on XBMC first before doing anything with your media.
What he said.

Also, I'd hold off on doing anything too drastic with your media based on those old alpha versions. The "Stark" version shares no code with them and is substantially different from a design standpoint.
jtap06 Wrote:Hi Guys,

I understand there is a new update to Aeon coming out, "Stark"?? If I download the alpha version today and begin the very tedious task of converting my collection to Aeon - will everything work when the new update is released?

Hi,

if you want a friendly advice, goto:

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/Archive/XBMCSetup-Rev16450.exe

and download newer XBMC build, as it has native support for My Movies. Choose your favorite skin(s) and give it a go. VMC and XBMC can co-exist.

Do NOT do anything with your movies collection and keep in mind that XBMC does not have support for offline movies collections yet...

PS: take a look at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post263735 for more info.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Longevity" Maturity/Stability? Migrating from Windows MCE / MyMovies0