[AppleTV] Launcher 0.9/2.3 released
MaestroDD Wrote:I can reproduce this here, but I'm not sure what to do. Does it make sense to control Frontrow while XBMC is running? Or should we try to block the remote?
Just beeing curious, did you try one of the XBMC remotes for iPhone/iPod touch?
I did it with atv 2.3/launcher 0.8, I launched a movie for the kids while I play music streamed to the living room to airport express controled by the remote app. It was working fine apart from the change of song which appear on top of the movie for few seconds, fliking a bit.
What is funny is when you try to get back control with the IR remote, you have to play a bit with the buttons before getting back control over xbmc (since up and down will control the volume of the stream).
I didn't test it further since then.

Regarding XBMC remote app, I've tried XBMC remote for which I didn't like the UI and I still have to try XMOTE.
This is awesome, thanks!! The 2.2 (2.3) multi-finder worked great (no issues), but having 0.9 for quick switching is great. I have an ATV 2.3, and use both FrontRow and XBMC, so this is awesome. I'd use Boxee too, and love the concept, but my Internet just isn't fast enough here in Mexico, and a lot of the Internet streams are blocked due to being outside of the US.

THANKS TO THE XBMC TEAM!!!!

Edit: I spoke too soon. Upon going back to 0.9, my ATV slowed way down (Frontrow and XBMC) - both became unusable (they couldn't play videos). Possible memory leak, not sure, but something is definitely wrong. I'm back at 2.3 and everything seems to be working fine again (although now I can the white bar on top when switching). Will update if something changes in 2.3
raydevos Wrote:I did it with atv 2.3/launcher 0.8, I launched a movie for the kids while I play music streamed to the living room to airport express controled by the remote app. It was working fine apart from the change of song which appear on top of the movie for few seconds, fliking a bit.
What is funny is when you try to get back control with the IR remote, you have to play a bit with the buttons before getting back control over xbmc (since up and down will control the volume of the stream).
I didn't test it further since then.

Regarding XBMC remote app, I've tried XBMC remote for which I didn't like the UI and I still have to try XMOTE.

Sounds like a reasonable use. We'll see what we can do to support this.
Another thing to mention is if you can't exit XBMC because of lost focus, it should still be possible to exit by pressing Menu-Menu-Play-Play in a short time.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
edge777 Wrote:Upon going back to 0.9, my ATV slowed way down (Frontrow and XBMC) - both became unusable (they couldn't play videos). Possible memory leak, not sure, but something is definitely wrong. I'm back at 2.3 and everything seems to be working fine again (although now I can the white bar on top when switching). Will update if something changes in 2.3

Hm, haven't seen this here. Is it reproducable?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Hello Laucher 2.3 works great.

But there is a translation error in the current XBMC Version for ATV. In the Videosettings I can check the frame rate correction. If I switch to german, the frame rate correction is called "Album:" :mad:

By.

Dave
dave100 Wrote:Hello Laucher 2.3 works great.

But there is a translation error in the current XBMC Version for ATV. In the Videosettings I can check the frame rate correction. If I switch to german, the frame rate correction is called "Album:" :mad:

By.

Dave

File a trac ticket on this please.
MaestroDD Wrote:Hm, haven't seen this here. Is it reproducable?

Hmm, I love tinkering, but am also crazy busy and this is my form of relaxing after a long day, lol. Not sure I want to play around with it too much more.

What I did yesterday though, was switch to 0.9, everything seemed fine. Played music while I was working (I have a home office), for about 4-5 hours. After those five hours, I sat down to watch some shows, first on FrontRow and then on XBMC. The FrontRow were short 4-5 HD podcasts - they took a long time to start up, and about 30 seconds for the picture to engage and the sound to match. I then went into XBMC and it was running 10 times slower, really unresponsive, and when I tried playing a show, it was choppy with no sound. I installed 2.3 and everything was fine on both accounts.
edge777 Wrote:... I then went into XBMC and it was running 10 times slower, really unresponsive, and when I tried playing a show, it was choppy with no sound. I installed 2.3 and everything was fine on both accounts.
So you saw this under Launcher 0.9 and fixed with 2.3...?
I have just seen this slow behaviour as well when I started up earlier this evening (Launcher 2.3, XBMC 8.1.0.bf1). Everything was slow in XBMC - folder navigation, video playback. Didn't try too much stuff though. Two other threads reporting the same...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44148
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44156
I just exited and then cycled power (off at the mains) and restarted and all was fine.
I spent most of the night yesterday playing with appletv, xbmc, it's now working so fine with launcher 2.3. I've been using xbmc for so many years, appletv is really the perfect hardware replacement for xbox. Easy to install, quiet, nice looking, easy to use. Just too bad for HD.
Thanks so much Davilla and Maestro!
Hi there.

I have XBMC in my ATV I am using my remote Logitech 555 to control ATV for a long time..
I recently upgraded to the latest version of XBMC/Boxee.
Since I was aware of the remote problems reported with launcher 2.3 I maintained the launcher 0.9.

But the commands from Logitech remote stopped working with my ATV.
I thought the remote issues only happens with launcher 2.3 not 0.9! Am I wrong.
What can I do to recover the previou behaviour?

Thx

Júlio
cordeiro Wrote:Hi there.

I have XBMC in my ATV I am using my remote Logitech 555 to control ATV for a long time..
I recently upgraded to the latest version of XBMC/Boxee.
Since I was aware of the remote problems reported with launcher 2.3 I maintained the launcher 0.9.

But the commands from Logitech remote stopped working with my ATV.
I thought the remote issues only happens with launcher 2.3 not 0.9! Am I wrong.
What can I do to recover the previou behaviour?

Thx

Júlio

Need more information.
What did you do with your Harmony? Did you use the ATV r2.3 feature to learn the remote? Or did you use the Harmony to learn the AppleRemote commands?
Another possible cause is that you accidentally paired your remote.

Announcement post says:

AppleTV Launcher 2.3 with "Multifinder":
Quote:

Known issues:

1) No WLAN support if directly booted into XBMC/Boxee

So I assume there's little point using XBMC as a boot app if that AppleTV uses WLAN normally.

(My other AppleTV boots to XBMC but is on ethernet).

Is this something that's likely to change, or is it a security measure to prevent divulging WLAN credentials? Or is it just a function handled by AppleTV OS that can't be harnessed by XBMC standalone?

Thanks.
SecretSquirrel Wrote:Announcement post says:

AppleTV Launcher 2.3 with "Multifinder":
Quote:

Known issues:

1) No WLAN support if directly booted into XBMC/Boxee

So I assume there's little point using XBMC as a boot app if that AppleTV uses WLAN normally.

agreed.

SecretSquirrel Wrote:[...]
Is this something that's likely to change, or is it a security measure to prevent divulging WLAN credentials? Or is it just a function handled by AppleTV OS that can't be harnessed by XBMC standalone?

Thanks.

It seems like Finder/Frontrow sets WLAN up when started. When we find out what it does and we can do it ourselves it'll be changed. We just haven't found time to look into that yet... :/

MaestroDD Wrote:Need more information.
What did you do with your Harmony? Did you use the ATV r2.3 feature to learn the remote? Or did you use the Harmony to learn the AppleRemote commands?
Another possible cause is that you accidentally paired your remote.

Hi There.
Thx for your answer.

I didn't use the ATV r2.3 feature to learn the remote.
I'm using it since 2.1, 2.2 and so on.
I simply used the basic configuration existing in the logitech site for PC/Mac computers commands.
It always worked beautiful with ATV :-) ( scroll, menu, select, etc..)

Now when I do a restart on my apple TV I still can use the logitech to scroll and select the initial language menu and so on...
After the restart is finished then the Logitech stops working...
Another strange thing is since I downgraded again to launcher 0.9 the menu entry "laucher" shouldn't disappear?
It's still there in the Main Menu...

Cheers

Júlio
MaestroDD Wrote:agreed.
It seems like Finder/Frontrow sets WLAN up when started. When we find out what it does and we can do it ourselves it'll be changed. We just haven't found time to look into that yet... :/

Excellent - thanks for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 0.9/2.3 released0