"Music Videos" available in the Music section of the GUI?
Question 
As this is my first post: Hello to everyone and thank you much to the developers. My purpose in using these forums is to find how XBMC can be utilized as a media player for a commercial/traditional jukebox system.
The question below is one of a couple I have been researching for the past week and have not been able to answer.

Idea: Music-videos and music should be selectable without the need to skip between music and video/movie mode - that is, combined within a single selection interface. Where the selection of a video is completely opaque to the user until full screen playback - that is, using the music mode means of selecting tracks.

Possible solution : In Music mode, Library mode, a user searches for and selects a set of audio tracks. The user leaves and full screen is activated. In the media collection there exists music-videos corresponding to some audio tracks. During fullscreen play those tracks which have no corresponding music-video, play with a visualization in the background - those that do, play that music-video instead.

Question : I wish to ask if this is possible without the modification of xbmc code and if anyone might provide a general direction for the means of executing my solution or has a better solution to my idea.

Thanks.
Music videos are shown in the music library if they've been scanned in to the video library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the tip, and my apologies, after spending much time on the wiki I can't believe I missed it.

However, and this may be cause to reverse the changes to the title of this thread back to its original, after getting music video content to appear in the music sections, I find that it is separate from the rest of the audio already loaded. Is this the limit of the integration possible between the two section?
If so, I would like to shift the focus back to my first post, as to an alternate solution.

Thanks.
Sorry wrong platform

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Music Videos" available in the Music section of the GUI?0