Issues with XBMC - DVD Playback & Sound (Vista32)
Thumbs Down 
1. XBMC_for_Windows-8.10.exe ("XBMC.exe" -fs -p)
2. Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit w/ no SP
3. Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz
4. 4GB Corsair XMS2 RAM (3071MB Recognized by Vista)
5. NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 7.15.11.6369
6. SIIG 7.1 PCI (using SPDIF out)
7. TV - Sony KDS-60A2000 (Running 1080p) --- Receiver Sony STR-DG510
8. XBMC 8.10 Atlantis I believe (see above) (Skin: PM3.HD)
9. Trying to play VOB files from the VIDEO_TS directory

More Details:
I have ripped my DVD collection onto an Intel NAS device and placed movies into share\movies\title\video_ts directories. I have setup all the options in XBMC that I can find that make sense for my hardware and desired setup. It is running in library mode and does successfully scape the movie information from the folder name. (description, art, thumbs, etc, etc)

When browsing the movie collection I select the desired title and it flips to full screen mode and begins to play. There is no sound and the movie "freezes" about 3-4 seconds into play. Most of the time it locks up XBMC requiring a ctrl-alt-del or alt-f4 to force it to end process. It seems to play in fast forward, but returning to play it freezes again.

I seem to be able to display pictures (share\pictures) and music (share\music) just fine. I can hear audio from the music and all other related windows sounds and XBMC sounds (esc button, clicks, etc).

Ripping movies: DVDFab Platinum v5.2.2.2
I select "Customize" and rip only the main title w/ subtitles. I select only the available 5.1/DTS audio track. I also select "Remove Menus, Play The Titles Continually" to remove all menus.

DVDs will play fine in Media Player (11.0.6000.6344) and VLC with full screen and audio.

10. http://www.zenmediastudios.com/XBMC/xbmc.log

I do not care about storage space and have no desire to re-encode my movies as that takes far longer than it's worth for such a large collection. DVDs and Blu-Rays will be ripped in their full size for the main feature only with the best quality surround sound available.

The ultimate goal here is to access my entire DVD collection via XBMC across my network from the NAS device. I also, at some point, would like to start ripping my growing Blu-Ray collection as well.

Eek
Starefor some resone vista media center did that to me too.. but i fixed it with a rebootHuh? dont ask, it just worked for me but i do have SP1 to..(dont think that matters)..
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 Athlon 64 X2 3800+, ~2.8GHz
CORSAIR XMS2 4 GB (4 x 1gig)DDR2 800
NVIDIA GeForce 8900 GTO 512mb ........resolution 1920 by 1080
10x WD 500GB SATA -HARD DRIVES
46" VIZIO LCD 1080P
Believe me, this machine has been rebooted plenty. There is something else going on here. I do appreciate the quick response though!

If there is any other information I can provide please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with XBMC - DVD Playback & Sound (Vista32)0