Best Working Movie plugin
Links playing or not playing well has nothing to do with the plugin.

It`s down to the server..

As long as the link is grabbed and sent to xbmc it will play, whether it will play well is down to server speed, your isp.
Voinage Wrote:fastpass tv has been updated, the version on the site was a version behind my xbox.
Just never released it, sorry for the confusion people.

Sorry to ask here. But I'm confused regarding "Repository" on your code google page. How do I use it? I assume it lets me install the plugin automatically and therefore also update it? The SVN repository in the latest XBMC install doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?
rashid420 Wrote:Sorry to ask here. But I'm confused regarding "Repository" on your code google page. How do I use it? I assume it lets me install the plugin automatically and therefore also update it? The SVN repository in the latest XBMC install doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?

download: VPRv2-21-12-2008.rar from the google code page and install it as a video plugin. that plugin utilizes the repository files. there are some nifty instructions on how to use the vpr when you first run it. use plugin settings to reset the plugin and choose what you want it to become and then access plugin setting again to make it quit resetting to use the plugin of your choice.

basically the VPR can become any one of voinages plugins, but it can only be one of them at a time. reset it to chose another one. it's kept up to date with the repository files that he uploads. you can update the VPR inside plugin settings.

if using the xbox, plugin settings is accessed by using the white button. i'm not sure how to access it on other platforms, but i'm sure it isn't hard to figure out.
nicoli_k Wrote:download: VPRv2-21-12-2008.rar from the google code page and install it as a video plugin. that plugin utilizes the repository files. there are some nifty instructions on how to use the vpr when you first run it. use plugin settings to reset the plugin and choose what you want it to become and then access plugin setting again to make it quit resetting to use the plugin of your choice.

basically the VPR can become any one of voinages plugins, but it can only be one of them at a time. reset it to chose another one. it's kept up to date with the repository files that he uploads. you can update the VPR inside plugin settings.

if using the xbox, plugin settings is accessed by using the white button. i'm not sure how to access it on other platforms, but i'm sure it isn't hard to figure out.

So its a PLUGIN. I thought it was a PROGRAM !!! Doh!

So I install it as Video Plugin and simply replace Repository.zip with the new Repository6.zip? That's it?

Finally, I understand "white" button is on the Controller. What about the DVD Remote? What button there?
Pretty sure you don't need the repository files, just stick VPRv2 in video plugins and the rest should be fairly straght forward. Just navigate to your video plugins and click on VPRv2 (if you click the white button it will bring up more options) and select what plugin you want to use. Not a lot seems to be working very well at the moment though unfortunately due to server problems - Ninja video is good but it seems that only files on Megavideo server are working and Megavideo cut you off after about 40 minute which is a pain. FastpassTV is usually great but they are having problems with their servers too although I just checked their website and it should be up and running fine again soon. Hope that helps a bit
Voinage Wrote:Well i have tested fast-pass with 100 feet and a few others and it`s fine, wonder what version you have. Try the latest version from my signature - it`s working.

hi. tried you latest version yesterday.
tried around 30 shows and only 3 or 4 were working.
what´s the problem?
whufclee Wrote:Pretty sure you don't need the repository files, just stick VPRv2 in video plugins and the rest should be fairly straght forward. Just navigate to your video plugins and click on VPRv2 (if you click the white button it will bring up more options) and select what plugin you want to use. Not a lot seems to be working very well at the moment though unfortunately due to server problems - Ninja video is good but it seems that only files on Megavideo server are working and Megavideo cut you off after about 40 minute which is a pain. FastpassTV is usually great but they are having problems with their servers too although I just checked their website and it should be up and running fine again soon. Hope that helps a bit

I did like you said. Went to plugin settings. But all it lets me do is set some options. How do I actually install the "plugin" of choice (Fastpass, MovieLab, etc.)? All I can do set some options whether to look for update, etc. Still confused.
Make sure "Check for update at start" (or something like that) is not checked, the only one you need checked is the top one which says something like "reset plugin at start". Now when you use the plugin it should bring up options of whether you want Anime, TV Shows/Movies or Other. Select what you want and then it will list the plugins available - click on whatever one you want (FastpassTV, NinjaVideo etc) and it will then open that plugin. Once you have the plugin loaded you have to open the options once again de-select "reset plugin at start" or it will throw you out. This does not install seperate plugins - all of Voinage plugins are kept here inside this one plugin. If you want to install each plugin individually the simplest way is to use the Passion XBMC Installer script (note this is a script, not a plugin!). Hope those ramblings make some sense!
whufclee Wrote:Make sure "Check for update at start" (or something like that) is not checked, the only one you need checked is the top one which says something like "reset plugin at start". Now when you use the plugin it should bring up options of whether you want Anime, TV Shows/Movies or Other. Select what you want and then it will list the plugins available - click on whatever one you want (FastpassTV, NinjaVideo etc) and it will then open that plugin. Once you have the plugin loaded you have to open the options once again de-select "reset plugin at start" or it will throw you out. This does not install seperate plugins - all of Voinage plugins are kept here inside this one plugin. If you want to install each plugin individually the simplest way is to use the Passion XBMC Installer script (note this is a script, not a plugin!). Hope those ramblings make some sense!

I understand how to work it now. But the thing is, I'm not able to get any plugin work satisfactorily. Either nothing happens when I try to play files, or directories load with nothing, or "files have been removed", or files stop playing after a few minutes.

Hulu used to work so well Sad I guess it was too good to last.
Have you tried FastPassTV, that seems to work fine for me - they had a few problems with their servers last week but it all seems to be working fine for me now. I'm in the UK so can't comment on whether it works in the US or not but I imagine it should do. I use the standalone plugin from Voinage's page, download it from here http://code.google.com/p/voinage-xbmc-pl...loads/list

You may find a few files here and there are missing but on the whole this is a very reliable plugin, maybe not as much TV show content as the likes of Ninja but it all seems to work without any buffering or time restriction issues.
whufclee Wrote:Have you tried FastPassTV, that seems to work fine for me - they had a few problems with their servers last week but it all seems to be working fine for me now. I'm in the UK so can't comment on whether it works in the US or not but I imagine it should do. I use the standalone plugin from Voinage's page, download it from here http://code.google.com/p/voinage-xbmc-pl...loads/list

You may find a few files here and there are missing but on the whole this is a very reliable plugin, maybe not as much TV show content as the likes of Ninja but it all seems to work without any buffering or time restriction issues.

Since my Movie2k playback was aborting after few minutes, I decided to redo my XBMC install. I got the latest SVN from t3ch. Now a lot of Movie2k files are gone. And VPRV2 has an error "installing python script default.py". I believe this is the Veoh script it tries to install first time you start.

VPRV2 does not work with t3ch 03/04/2009 build for me.

As of now except for Apple Movie Trailers, NO plugin works for me. Life sucks most intensely.

P.S. I'll try Fastpass all by itself and see. Getting mixed results here. I see "Bufferring" all the time. Cache keeps on dropping to 0 and playback stalls every minute or so. Unwatchable. Don't get it. I can play DVD ISOs over my network just fine but cannot stream from FastPass
TV Shack is hands down the best video plugin for movies that I've seen. I just discovered it 2 days ago and I'm pretty impressed. I couldn't even buy Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon The Movie after searching Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart and the Mall... but sure enough, it was in TV Shack so maaaad props to the creator of the plugin. I'm very impressed!

iRoNBiLL
I'm gonna have to agree with the guy that says life sucks, but then FastPass does work for me, but seriously seems unwatchable. Resolution is too low even to look decent on 32" CRT, I can only imagine how horrible it would look on my LCD. So I'll ask, is there anything with a watchable resolution, a decent amount of content and even half of it actually available? Or should I just setup torrent RSS feeds and forget all about plugins?
Well it all depends on what you're after, for me FastPass has always been very reliable and the quality is generally very good - there are the odd few where the quality isn't up to scratch but mostly I find them very good quality (I'm using a 37" LCD HDTV with 1080i enabled). I've just tried TVShack as IronBill was saying it's good - I'd deleted that one ages ago as I kept having problems with the streaming but that does seem a very good plugin with excellent content for films and TV shows. For your American shows the new Universal NBC plugin is excellent.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Working Movie plugin0