HOW-TO display XBMC on second monitor
Big Grin 
Please remove!

See
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44617
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
If you have more that one option for the second monitor. Is there any way to specify the exact name of the second monitor. For example my second DVI port by default outputs to something random called "TV" have no idea where it came from, but is alway on by default and the option for SR-606 shows up when I turn on my reciever connected to my second DVI port.

On startup Ultramon always selects TV as secondary monitor and I have to manually change it to SR-606 once I turn on the receiver. Anyway to automatically pick SR-606 if it is available.
I'm note sure what you mean... Huh
Do you understand?
I have a 8600gt card with DUAL DVI. One output goes to my monitor and second goes to my reciever SR-606 for my HTPC. For some reason under my available display options under the nvidia multi-display configuration. I have three sources to choose from.

1) Samsung Monitor
2) Something called "TV" with a max res of 1024x7xx
3) SR-606 (name of my receiver) shows up when I turn on the receiver.

So i have my ultramon configured to run XBMC on the secondary display. Problem is normally when I start the comp, the receiver is generally not on. Ultramon/nvidia display preferences picks this item "called" TV as the secondary display. When I run XBMC nothing happens cause the item called TV is something bogus, have no idea how it got there and doesn't output anywhere. So I have to manually make the SR-606 my secondary display each time through the nvidia multidisplay setup and then run XBMC.

Wondering if there was a way around that. Such that when I run XBMC it automatically chooses SR-606 as the secondary display over the item called "TV" if SR-606 is avaliable. Or if anyone know how to remove this item called "TV" from my display options that'll be great also.
Aaaah I see.

Go to Ultramoon Options > Ignored Monitors. and add/ignore your "TV" monitor there. Otherwise try changing from HEAD=2 to HEAD=3 and don't forget to change monitor under Ultramoon - Window as well.
Do you understand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO display XBMC on second monitor0