svn up question
There are tons of docs online about how to use SVN. If you aren't willing to read them, then maybe you need to stick to stable release tarballs. TBH, you can get pretty much everything you need to know as an end user from typing "svn help" and "svn help <cmd>".
For anyone that is interested in learning more about svn here is a pretty good document to read I found on-line.

http://www.sunsource.net/scdocs/ddUsingSVN_command-line

In following the readme.linux

it says to

CD /$HOME/XBMC

svn up

make clean. (to clean make files.)

I did that and then recompiled with configure then make -j2 and then sudo make install - cannot stat xbmc.bin.

I have read every instance in XBMC regarding this I can find and most posts state there is an error made when compiling. Yet! I seem to get no errors and it builds fine, I also tried with just make and no -j option as in a couple posts with the same result, so I am not sure how much reading up on svn will help, not that I am not willing to do the reading, so I MAY help others who develop some problems down the road with it.

*update 2:51EST* OK so svn up worked this time for me. I am not sure if I was doing it out of order or not in the directory but it compiled with -j2 and installed copying the xbmc.bin file just fine.

Dave
Clean might be broken due to recent osx-ifying the makefiles. We have some dependency problems currently that can cause files to be compiled from the wrong dir so the environment isn't correct and compilation fails. This only occurs during a parallel make when there are object files hanging around. This problem has nothing to do with the svn command and is being looked in to. In the mean time run make single threaded (ie no -j option) and make should complete assuming there are no real compilation errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
svn up question0