Mp3 Stuttering (Network Drive)
Is anyone else experiencing intermittent mp3/flac stuttering in any of the latest builds? Whenever I play an mp3 off of my NAS it will stutter for 1-2 seconds in a random part of the song. I've got gigabit running for everything and i've tried to enable/disable jumbo frames and I still seem to have the problem. I tested the files on two other PCs through Winamp and WMP and they play fine.

Build: Jester Rev17249
CPU: Intel C2D 2.20GHz (E4500)
RAM: 2GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 7050 / ForceWare 163.75
Sound Card: Creative Audigy SE / Version 5.12.1.514

Just wanted to get this posted to see if anyone else was having similar problems. I'm at work at the moment so I'll post a proper log as soon as I get home.
Here's the log I promised:

http://pastebin.com/m2434a166

I highlighted the lines that looked like the cause of the skipping. Any idea how to fix a buffer underrun?
Make the cache bigger through XBMC?
But the default cache in XBMC should easily handle mp3 files. Even FLAC shouldnt be an issue. Have you had any issues with movies or something with a more demanding decoding level? I have no problems with bluray rips on a wilress N network. So a wired gigbit network should easily handle most.
SlaveUnit Wrote:But the default cache in XBMC should easily handle mp3 files. Even FLAC shouldnt be an issue. Have you had any issues with movies or something with a more demanding decoding level? I have no problems with bluray rips on a wilress N network. So a wired gigbit network should easily handle most.

I tried the cache at 1024 (default 256) and it had no effect.

I can play 720p mkv files just fine. Not stuttering, skipping or anything. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with my network card. I've got a replacement on the way to see if that helps at all.

If anyone has anymore ideas, I'm down for trying anything.
i've got same issues, Stuttering when playing mp3 from NAS. though its network/samba foult, but now jitter when playing 1080p from network.

tested many latest builds
we recently switched to a generic version of the paplayer for all platforms. Please test if the stutter also appears on MP3s played from local media.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok, will move all my music to local drive and report result
Just move a few for testing Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:we recently switched to a generic version of the paplayer for all platforms. Please test if the stutter also appears on MP3s played from local media.

http://pastebin.com/m29738d0f

Ran it for over 12 hours on repeat with local media and not a single WARNING: or buffer underrun showed up in the log. It's definitely network related. Any other ideas?
same here, local play without single hangs
WiSo Wrote:we recently switched to a generic version of the paplayer for all platforms. Please test if the stutter also appears on MP3s played from local media.

might this be the cause that Rev17298 and possibly earlier hang when trying to play a song whilst there is already a song being played? an earlier version like 168xx doesn't have this problem.
Found the answer. Apparently, one of my switches was in the process of going bad. It finally died the other night and after replacing it, all is well.

So remember, even though your switch LOOKS like it's functioning properly, it might be lying. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mp3 Stuttering (Network Drive)0