Possible to change scraper timeout?
Evidently there are some problems with thetvdb.com and themoviedb.com right now and it's taking an extraordinarily long time for pages to load. I'm trying to scan in new episodes and the scanner keeps timing out after 9 seconds.

Is there a way to lengthen the timeout? I tried the following in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<network>
  <curlclienttimeout>30</curlclienttimeout>  <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections -->
</network>

but it doesn't make a difference. Thanks!
I was going to ask the exact same question. I don't care if the scraping takes the whole night. So I'd like to increase the timeout. I've searched google for some time now and couldn't find anything on increasing this timeout. The TVDB API links take about 15~20 seconds to load in my browser.
I now have the tv show "Rome" at my HDD.
Update library cant find it.
Switching to files mode.
Find the dir, pressing info....after a while the keyboard shows, and I can type "Rome". Still dont find the show.

What to do when this happens?

/Söder
nfo file?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Anyone know how to do this? thetvdb is lagging again... cheers
sho Wrote:nfo file?

One nfo in my first "Rome" dir or do I have to have one in every dir?

Ok to do soo for a movie, with the IMDB url, but for a tv show?

/Söder
did you open the link at all?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:did you open the link at all?

aha, no. =) Didnt thought it was a link. Will read now. =)
Thanks..

/Söder
soder Wrote:aha, no. =) Didnt thought it was a link. Will read now. =)
Thanks..

/Söder

I now added a file called "tvshow.nfo" in the dir "Rome"
In the file, there's only http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73508&lid=7

Then there is my two dirs S1 and S2 with files correctly name with s01.e01 and so on.

When updating library, I dont get the info about Rome... ?

Shall I do something else?

/Söder
All thetvdb.com related problems nowadays _might_ be related to recv timeouts while fetching the episode guide.

Anyway, debug log please.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi all,

Everything good with XBMC 8.10 on Apple TV 2.3, running fine for a month or two, then suddenly couldn't get TV shows to update anymore.

Code:
16:46:01 T:43528192 M: 25346048    INFO: Get URL: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=spooks&language=en
16:46:03 T:43528192 M: 25169920  NOTICE: HTTP: connect select failed: Operation now in progress
16:46:03 T:43528192 M: 25178112   ERROR: Unable to connect to www.thetvdb.com: 36

However, from shell on AppleTV i can do this:

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ --16:49:26--  http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=spooks
           => `GetSeries.php?seriesname=spooks'
Resolving www.thetvdb.com... 70.98.76.33
Connecting to www.thetvdb.com|70.98.76.33|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2,547 (2.5K) [text/xml]

100%[=================================================================================>] 2,547          2.29K/s

16:49:37 (2.29 KB/s) - `GetSeries.php?seriesname=spooks' saved [2547/2547]

Proxy is turned off. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Spanner
You should look at media companion or the like. I use to spend days setting up and playing around with my library.

Now it is less than 15 minutes for all my movies, HD movies and TV shows. I am not sure how I ever got along without it.

then you can do all of this outside of xbmc and then just setup the source, set content and then update library voila you are done.

Dave
I am having issues even connecting to them on my laptop. It took 30 seconds to have the main page come up. The site is too slow and XBMC is probably timing out. Been trying to get a new show added into the library when i noticed this.

Cheers!
vdrfan Wrote:All thetvdb.com related problems nowadays _might_ be related to recv timeouts while fetching the episode guide.

Anyway, debug log please.

Well, now after adding the file, when I update the library, it search all my tw shows, and it stops a couple of seconds on Rome, but nothing is added.

/Söder
rodercot Wrote:You should look at media companion or the like. I use to spend days setting up and playing around with my library.

Now it is less than 15 minutes for all my movies, HD movies and TV shows. I am not sure how I ever got along without it.

then you can do all of this outside of xbmc and then just setup the source, set content and then update library voila you are done.

Dave

I dont understand. Media companion? The like?

I guess I need some problem later, when XBMC will support show ratings and DTS and 720p and all that shit. Aeon comes soon and all that...soo I will have to edit little with the movies, but for my tv shows, I just want them to be added....

But, was is some kind of program you talked about?

/Söder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to change scraper timeout?0