Complete On-Screen
hi,

would it be possible to make everything configurable on-screen for a 2.0 release?
the thing that really made me go to xbmc over xbmp months ago (when xbmp was better feature wise) was the amount of on-screen configuring such as with subtitles, skin, etc.

so with this feature i could:
- set local (and network/internet) paths with a 'my files' type interface.
- set the keymap for the gamepad and remote by selecting the function and pressing enter than the button i want (this would make it a lot easier for those with universal remotes and wanting more buttons too; also, it'll tell us if we have conflicting buttons, like ones with two functions under fullscreen video, etc).
- password protect certain areas (if password protection gets implemented).
- and whatever else i cannot think of at the moment.

also, these would be advanced settings, so perhaps they should be under a password protected advanced area?

--------------------------------------------------------

also, as xbmc grows, i often find myself coaching people about what button does what, etc. could an on-screen help be implemented? so they click on a help icon in 'my files' for example and it'll say what this section does and what buttons do what (with auto-crossreferencing to keymap.xml) eg. black switches between source and destination.

--------------------------------------------------------

i understand this wouldn't be a sunday picnic to implement, which is why i have said it might be best for it to be in for/by 2.0.
i think this would really be beneficial and hopefully reduce the amount of people seeking help in #xbmc or on the foruns (hopefully).

thanks for the awesome prog. :lol:

morien

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Complete On-Screen0