• 6(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
Tsf42m, will you still be releasing new builds? I'm asking because I really would love to be able to use the new MiniMeedia skin, but it only works with the newest builds.Sad
feikenberg Wrote:Tsf42m, will you still be releasing new builds? I'm asking because I really would love to be able to use the new MiniMeedia skin, but it only works with the newest builds.Sad

You can use the link posted above: http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Download the OS X version, SSH into your Apple TV and copy the new verion to the following location:

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications

Overwrite the contents. Might want to make a backup prior to uploading, however I just upgraded and so far no problems.
davilla Wrote:yes and until then, you might take a peek here, total untested and unverified.

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

EDIT: these are build to run on 10.5 only. bad sshcs, bad.

Actually they have been 10.5/10.4/ITV for quite some time now.

good sshcs good
streetliquid Wrote:You can use the link posted above: http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Download the OS X version, SSH into your Apple TV and copy the new verion to the following location:

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications

Overwrite the contents. Might want to make a backup prior to uploading, however I just upgraded and so far no problems.

I am confused and probably just doing something stupid now. Please help.

What I have done: I have downloaded the latest built and just dragged it into my application folder. However, now my skin and all setting are gone. I thought that this was all in application support, but apparently this didnt happen the way I thought. Do I need to redo everything now?

Using Mac OSX 10.5 and previously used the official Babylon built.

Thanks for your advice!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
What skin do you use? Mediastream? The SVN builds don't include any skins besides PM3. If you are using another skin you will have to download it separately and copy it to Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin
Anyone having sound issues with the latest SVN builds? My optical receiver out on the mac mini keeps crashing out after playing one video, so sound on any consecutive plays.
how do i get the latest OS X (PPC) SVN build of xbmc? I am confused.
turbinez Wrote:how do i get the latest OS X (PPC) SVN build of xbmc? I am confused.

I'm not really sure, since I don't have a PPC unit, nor do I think my SVN builds are able to cross compile ppc/i386, I really don't know. I'll check in a few to see if I can get a good cross compile working, but don't hold your breath.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
I've changed the following

Code:
$ sudo nano /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
   a) change "universal_target    10.5" to "universal_target    10.4"

b) change "universal_sysroot    /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk" to
     "universal_sysroot    /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk"

c) change "universal_archs         ppc i386"
     to reflect the arch you are building by removing the unused arch.
Before I had just i386 there but I re-added ppc to see if it would cross compile and right now it is going through the configure and build. But as I watch it configure, it still seems to be linking everything to i386. but on build it is doing "-force_cpusubtype_ALL " So I don't know if it working or not Sad

When it is done compiling and building the .dmg I'll upload it and paste the link here. That way if you have a PPC unit, you can help me test that it is really a true universal binary.

'---- Update

/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fme

Seems to still be building i386

though this is odd

setenv TEMP_FILE_DIR /Users/craig/XBMC/build/XBMC.build/Debug/XBMC.app.build
setenv TEMP_ROOT /Users/craig/XBMC/build
setenv UID 0
setenv UNSTRIPPED_PRODUCT NO
setenv USER root
setenv USER_APPS_DIR /var/root/Applications
setenv USER_LIBRARY_DIR /var/root/Library
setenv USE_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC YES
setenv USE_HEADERMAP YES
setenv USE_HEADER_SYMLINKS NO
setenv VALID_ARCHS "ppc i386" <--------- this part
setenv VERBOSE_PBXCP NO

I can't find a switch to force ppc and i386 except maybe this
System types:
--build=BUILD configure for building on BUILD [guessed]
--host=HOST cross-compile to build programs to run on HOST [BUILD]
But it doesn't give me more info than that Sad

HELP!

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Sounds like you are trying to build a universal XBMC. That's going to be difficult in one shot as the libs/codecs built with "make xcode_depends" do not know about building universal.

As the libs/codecs have their own configure/make, this might be an impossible task.

As for the xbmc binary, build the i386, then the ppc and use "ditto" to merge them.

To check for i386/ppc flavors, use the "file" command.

Your task is a three step,

1) build the required macport libs as universal.
2) build the libs/codecs universal.
3) build xbmc binary as universal.

Even so, there's everything touched by XBMCTex. That means two sets of skins, i386/ppc.
davilla Wrote:Sounds like you are trying to build a universal XBMC. That's going to be difficult in one shot as the libs/codecs built with "make xcode_depends" do not know about building universal.

As the libs/codecs have their own configure/make, this might be an impossible task.

As for the xbmc binary, build the i386, then the ppc and use "ditto" to merge them.

To check for i386/ppc flavors, use the "file" command.

Your task is a three step,

1) build the required macport libs as universal.
2) build the libs/codecs universal.
3) build xbmc binary as universal.

Even so, there's everything touched by XBMCTex. That means two sets of skins, i386/ppc.

Ok that pretty much means I am taking Apple's Stance with 10.6 and that is no more PPC. sorry, I know the 10 people who still have one might be upset, but that is WAY too much work to deal with on a nightly basis. sorry.
hi
since a few days i tried to compile latest osx builds on my new mac mini but everytime i got python make errors after make xcode_depends command...
is there currently a bug on svn?
pregi Wrote:hi
since a few days i tried to compile latest osx builds on my new mac mini but everytime i got python make errors after make xcode_depends command...

When the build system undergoes major changes (inclusion of external libs for linux), you might have to delete your existing svn branch and do a clean svn check out, configure, make xcode_depends. Life in the svn fast lane.

MacPorts does NOT have to be re-installed.
alternatively, a distclean in the python dir fixes it
pregi Wrote:hi

Since I changed my nightly build method I rarely get a build error anymore on OS X. I used to get tons of python errors Sad

Try this for your build
Code:
svn up && echo "Y" > temp_input_file && make reallyclean < temp_input_file && svn revert -R * && autoconf && ./configure && export XBMC_HOME=`pwd` && make xcode_depends && xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Debug build && cd tools/PackageMaker && ./dmgmaker.pl ../../build/Debug/XBMC.app && cd /users/craig/XBMC/tools/PackageMaker/dist && rar a -r -m5 /users/craig/xbmc/XBMC_OSX_21082.rar *

Now since you're doing this for ITV you could drop the
Code:
&& cd tools/PackageMaker && ./dmgmaker.pl ../../build/Debug/XBMC.app && cd /users/craig/XBMC/tools/PackageMaker/dist && rar a -r -m5 /users/craig/xbmc/XBMC_OSX_21082.rar *

which is used to create the .dmg and then rar.

You might also want to change the Debug to Release so it would probably be something like this

Code:
svn up && echo "Y" > temp_input_file && make reallyclean < temp_input_file && svn revert -R * && autoconf && ./configure --disable-debug && export XBMC_HOME=`pwd` && make xcode_depends && xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Release build

that should give you a nice clean non-debug build from SVN with no Python issues, and dependant on how you setup your enviroment, should work on 10.5/10.4/ITV

Craig
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1