• 1(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
Information 
I figured that I would start a thread where people from the community can share their SVN builds:

Tsf42m's SVN builds of XBMC for Mac:
- Current: rev19195
- Older: all

andyblac's SVN build of XBMC for Mac:
- rev19213

For all these builds, checkout the Trac Timeline to see what has been changed between each build.

If you like to build XBMC for Mac from SVN yourself then checkout this wiki article and README.osx

Note! Please read the following link if you have an issue with one of these SVN builds.
HOW-TO post about a XBMC for Mac problem in a useful manner.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH THESE BUILDS !
Use separate threads for postings bugs and use the TRAC system to report any bugs if asked.

FAQ:
1_Q: What is an SVN build?
1_A: SVN (Subversion) builds refers to the latest cutting-edge (unstable) revision of XBMC.
2_Q: Can I also help develop XBMC for Mac and/or XBMC for Mac on Apple TV?
2_A: Yes of course, checkout the XBMC for Mac article in the wiki for more information.

PS! These builds are currently only for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard) Intel platforms, but know that Team-XBMC are others are working on porting XBMC to PPC (G4/G5 PowerPC) so that you in the future will be able to also run XBMC Media Center on older Mac's that you may have lying around collecting dust or only being used for home office use.
Heads up, big change in r17279. Full builds of all codecs/libs. Read the readme.osx for important info about this and other changes.
Thanks for the heads up. Its much easier now.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work.
I tried this release and it had a few glitches. The biggest one was it didn't see my database. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be fixed since all the files are right where I left them. I replaced it with your previous build and everything works as before.
tyche Wrote:I tried this release and it had a few glitches. The biggest one was it didn't see my database. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be fixed since all the files are right where I left them. I replaced it with your previous build and everything works as before.

The perils of svn head Smile Make sure you watch http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline, this logs all svn commits. There's action going on regarding the virtual file system and paths.
davilla Wrote:Heads up, big change in r17279. Full builds of all codecs/libs. Read the readme.osx for important info about this and other changes.

Is this or a later build available anywhere?
New Build
rev17583

This includes a backup/install/restore script for aTV

Anyone else making SVN builds?
Post here and I'll update the first post.
Hey, Tsf42m. Do you have a timeframe for when we'll see a Windows version of aTV Helper?
Thanks a lot Tsf42m for the build, it was missing on Mac OS. Great job!

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Tsf42m Wrote:New Build
rev17583

This includes a backup/install/restore script for aTV

Anyone else making SVN builds?
Post here and I'll update the first post.

Any problems with the new build changes?
davilla Wrote:Any problems with the new build changes?

A few but they weren't to hard to sort out.
Hi,

Can somebody compile and post a XBMC build for Mac with TuxBox Client fix ?

The patch is available here (dreambox.patch).

Regards
New build
rev17911

KevinSartori Wrote:Hey, Tsf42m. Do you have a timeframe for when we'll see a Windows version of aTV Helper?

Im looking into it now. As for a timeframe expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks... it all depends on how busy I am.
Tsf42m Wrote:New build
rev17911

Thanks again. This build is working perfectly. Special thanks for putting up the .rar version ;-)
Tsf42m Wrote:New build
rev17911

Many thanks as always Tsf42m !! Installed this morning from my Windows system Smile

RE: question from KevinSartori ... here is a re-post of the steps I use to update my aTV from a Windows system every time:

- use WinSCP to move the downloaded XBMCNEW.dmg file to /Users/Frontrow
- then SSH into the ATV using PUTTY, then ...
sudo bash [enter password]
sudo hdiutil mount XBMCNEW.dmg
scp -r /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC.app /Users/Frontrow\
sudo mv /Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC_OLD.app\
sudo mv ~/XBMC.app /Applications/\
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /Volumes/XBMC
rm XBMCNEW.dmg
cd /Applications
sudo chown -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chmod -R 755 XBMC_OLD.app
rm -R XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R admin XBMC.app
exit
exit

Hope it helps ....
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1