• 2(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
Hi Tsf42m, thanks for the builds Smile I'm running into trouble with your builds and the music visualizations (it keeps crashing when I try to run any of them.) I posted a thread about it, and davilla said the following:

Quote:a quick look shows the xbmc binary and ProjectM.vis using the symbol

__ZN16CSpecialProtocol13TranslatePathERK7CStdStrIc E

instead of

__ZN5CUtil13TranslatePathERK7CStdStrIcE

using

nm build/Debug/XBMC | grep TranslatePath
nm visualisations/projectM/

I think your external libs/codecs build is stale. When building from svn always;

make clean
autoconf
./configure
make externals more_libs

then build from Xcode.

Also, when I try to launch XBMC using the remote (by enabling 'always on'), XBMCHelper shows it trying to launch "XBMC" and not "XBMC.app"
maruchan Wrote:I'm running into trouble with your builds and the music visualizations

What build are you running?
I have had no problems with visualizations and haven't heard anything from anyone else.
You might take a look at XBMC's userdata, you may have to clean some things up.

maruchan Wrote:Also, when I try to launch XBMC using the remote (by enabling 'always on'), XBMCHelper shows it trying to launch "XBMC" and not "XBMC.app"

I have never tested this.
Has anyone else had problems with this?
Ill look into it and let you know.
New build
rev18298
updated to SVN 18298 ... thanks again Tsf42m
so far so good Smile
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
First, thank you for compiling and making the SVN releases of XBMC available for the ATV!

I have installed SVN 18298 (clean update from 8.10f). The ATV is at R2.2.

All works EXCEPT I cannot scan a network folder that contains TV shows. This worked well using 8.10f but not at all with 18298. I see an info window on the top right hand side saying scanning, then compressing but then the TV Library folder is not present. I have tried importing the library, which I exported before upgrading. Doing this, I can see the TV Folder but get a error message 2 missing share when I try to access the folder.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Suggestions?

Niall
I have run into this problem before as far as i can tell by your description.

The library info changed slightly a while back in the SVN.

To fix this you need to clear your library and start from scratch... at lest thats how I did it.

Anyone else have a different solution?
This turns out to have been a problem with the TVdB database (it was responding to scraper queries too slowly and the scraper was timing out).

TVdB is working normally and all is fine with SVS 18298.

Niall
k, so I've upgraded to the latest and greatest using the atvhelper but am having an issue with the library.

If I switch into library mode in videos I get nothing. I can switch back into file mode, set my content on my video folder and do a refresh on the library but it just flashes really quick and doesn't really do anything.

How do I blow away the current library and get the new version to recreate things? How do I essentially blow away all the current settings for ATV (which folder is it in?) and start over.

Slick
Deleted the videos database from the users folder, reset my content and rescanned and everything appears ok now.

Slick

ddale Wrote:k, so I've upgraded to the latest and greatest using the atvhelper but am having an issue with the library.

If I switch into library mode in videos I get nothing. I can switch back into file mode, set my content on my video folder and do a refresh on the library but it just flashes really quick and doesn't really do anything.

How do I blow away the current library and get the new version to recreate things? How do I essentially blow away all the current settings for ATV (which folder is it in?) and start over.

Slick
Question 
Hi,

With the latest build, I'm having issues getting it to execute on aTV.

I d/l the snv 18298, mount it on my Mac runnng 10.3.9. ssh the xbmc.app over to the aTV into the applications folder. Reboot aTV and try to start XBMC.

It shows the apple boot up logo twice and then reverts to the aTV menu. XBMC won't start.

I've followed the SNV install guide exactly and no luck.

Any ideas?
running ATV 2.2.

Thanks
Monty
MontyAus Wrote:Hi,

With the latest build, I'm having issues getting it to execute on aTV.

I d/l the snv 18298, mount it on my Mac runnng 10.3.9. ssh the xbmc.app over to the aTV into the applications folder. Reboot aTV and try to start XBMC.

It shows the apple boot up logo twice and then reverts to the aTV menu. XBMC won't start.

I've followed the SNV install guide exactly and no luck.

Any ideas?
running ATV 2.2.

Thanks
Monty

check the log files for problems, use a pastebin site to post the logs.
It looks like the new Launcher Beta 3.0beta 4 can now support multiple update sources. Maybe this can utilize this to allow for the svn build inside launcher and not use the atvhelper if we are not worried about backup/restore http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=301...stcount=15

It might also help to check advancedsettings.xml for the following fix
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=301...stcount=20
Ive been very busy lately but now I'm back and trying to catch up on everything.

I am very exited about Launcher 3 and I will definitely be looking into releasing my builds to work with it.

I still have a few things to get warped up but expect a new build sunday (3.29.09).
Just an FYI warning on 3rd party builds, a new version of libdvd is going into svn today. This fixes real physical DVD playback Smile It's in place but will need a manual build until all platforms are tested. Then it will replace the current libdvdcss/libdvdnav.
Then I hope Tsf42m did his magic as usual, I was watching for his new SVN build 19065 by refreshing my browser every 5 mins Smile
Got it and it is installed ... so far so good .. looks normal .. acts normal.

Thanks again devs & Tsf42m Smile
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1