• 3(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
theleesam Wrote:Hi

I read your following thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=287...stcount=15

i'm poor at English.

I did as you wrote(following)

- use WinSCP to move the downloaded XBMCNEW.dmg file to /Users/Frontrow
- then SSH into the ATV using PUTTY, then ...
sudo bash [enter password]
sudo hdiutil mount XBMCNEW.dmg
scp -r /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC.app /Users/Frontrow\
sudo mv /Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC_OLD.app\
sudo mv ~/XBMC.app /Applications/\
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /Volumes/XBMC
rm XBMCNEW.dmg
cd /Applications
sudo chown -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chmod -R 755 XBMC_OLD.app
rm -R XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R admin XBMC.app
exit
exit

But, I can't execute xbmc.
When I execute XBMC, I saw just apple mark, and only "XBMC"(just first screen), and then reboot.

Do you know why XBMC doesn't execute on my ATV..

Do you have any tip to install xbmc on ATV with windows system?

My system is

ATV 40G OS 2.3.1
Launcher 2.3
XBMC svn 18298
Windows XP Pro

Thank for your reading.

On a related topic I rec'vd a PM from user "theleesam" but theleesam's account is set to NOT receive PM's in return. So I thought I would post it.

In response to thelessam's message above ....

My instructions are for upgrading only.
You must have a working XBMC installed on your ATV before installing an SVN build this way.
Did you have XBMC 8.10 bf1 running OK ?
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
New Build
rev19065

@XBMC4Ever
beat me to it

Quote:Just an FYI warning on 3rd party builds, a new version of libdvd is going into svn today. This fixes real physical DVD playback It's in place but will need a manual build until all platforms are tested. Then it will replace the current libdvdcss/libdvdnav.

Thanks for letting me know about this. Ill keep an eye on things but if you would like to let me know when this is ready to go I would appreciate it.

Just to make sure people are not confused the update that davilla mentioned is not in this build.
Question 
Hi,

I'm getting an error with aTVHelper and the current build. Same as last build too where I run helper and it does the following error.

I'm running ATV 2.2 & using Power Mac with OS 10.4.9.
Used windows patchstick to hack atv (launcher 0.8 -> atv-win-1.0.b11), but updated launcher to 2.3 and xbmc to latest via upgrade menu - xbmc atlantis (bf1).

Trying to install SNV 19065.

1. Mount xbmc image on MAC.
2. Run helper
3. Ask's ip and login questions etc, then creates backup folder on my mac add. Does not copy backup of xbmc.app from atv to local mac, ssh connection is working thou.
4. Run helper again and choose 'install' & told that 'xbmc mount does not exist', when it does & I can see it in finder.

Any ideas?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Montyaus.
@MontyAus
That is an interesting problem. Ill look into it... I have never tested on a PPC machine.
Your aTV setup is not the problem. It has something to do with aTV Helper or your system.

There are 2 workarounds I can think of:
1st - use aTV Helper v1.01b it dosent have a mount check.
(let me know if this works, it will help me find the problem)

2nd - create a folder "revXXXXXX" in 'XBMC-Backup' and copy XBMX.app from the dmg into it. Then use aTV Helper v1.0b or v1.1b and use the restore option.

Has anyone else on a PPC system used aTV Helper v1.1b?
pm if you have
Sad 
Hi, thanks for the reply.

You are correct, it is a PPC issue.
None of the options within atvhelper will function correctly.

Unfortunatly, I don't have access to a intel mac.

I've tried both solutions you provided with no luck. with 1. the hash password seems to stall the script each time.

With 2. The pathing does not seem to be picked up correctly within the PPC mac & then the ssh won't work because the hash kills the script.

Hope this helps identify the issue.

In the meantime, is there any way on a PPC mac that I can install the SNV onto my ATV? I've tried the readme and I get errors also at particular points.

Thanks in advance
Montyaus
Thanks for posting your builds Tsf42m. I can't seem to have any digital out working though :-( I'd give my pinky to get digital out atm. BTW Plex does give digital out, but I'd like to use XBMC if possible for stability reasons.

Thanks again! Please suggest any kind of fix for digital out, I'd love to hear what I can try.
Great latest build, the VDPAU render option is great!
The size of this build must have been a bit larger than previous. I ran out of room on the AppleTV System partition as the helper was writing XBMC.app out to the /Application folder.

I removed the Software Menu and Couch Surfer from my Finder.app, however, did not seem to free up enough space.

I moved the Boxee.app package out to my local area, then it ran fine. I was able to move Boxee.app back into its original place after the install and it seemed to work OK, but I am right on the edge for space. My configuration is below, so if you have any ideas for freeing up more system space, that would be great.

AppleTV 2.3.1
Boxee
XBMC
NitoTV with smart install
Launcher 2.3
Fonts to support Firefox in /Library/Fonts

EDIT:

Also Includes:

In /Library/Internet Plug-Ins

AdobePDFViewer.plugin RealPlayer Plugin.plugin
Flash Player.plugin Silverlight.plugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin flashplayer.xpt
Move_Media_Player.plugin nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt

In /System/Library/Frameworks:

CoreAudioKit.framework
move XBMC.app from /Applications to /Users/frontrow/Applications

sudo ln -s /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC.app

done. the power of symbolic links.
Thumbs Down 
Hi,

Yes, when I do that and then try to execute xbmc from the atv menu, it just flashes up the apple logo twice and then reverts to the atv menu. the xbmc app does not seem to execute.

When I restore the xbmc build which patchstick download 'A1', it works again fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Montyaus
davilla Wrote:move XBMC.app from /Applications to /Users/frontrow/Applications

sudo ln -s /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC.app

done. the power of symbolic links.

Thanks Davilla, never even considered it!
AppleTV
Launcher 2.3
SVN ATV Helper 1.1b
SVN Revision 19065
Basics-Vision Skin

When I "Refresh" a movie after successful scans to change/correct a movie title, XBMC crashes and reloads the AppleTV menu. The Library is turned off and am attempting to go thru each movie to assure correct information. This seems to occur after several (no specific number of retries) iterations of trying to find the correct movie to associate, and making that association. After restart of XBMC from the Launcher 2.3, and inspection of that movie title, the newly associated movie title is correct and seems to be complete.

FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.ca/1378029
Boseman Wrote:2.3.1
AppleTV
Launcher 2.3
SVN ATV Helper 1.1b
SVN Revision 19065
Basics-Vision Skin

When I "Refresh" a movie after successful scans to change/correct a movie title, XBMC crashes and reloads the AppleTV menu. The Library is turned off and am attempting to go thru each movie to assure correct information. This seems to occur after several (no specific number of retries) iterations of trying to find the correct movie to associate, and making that association. After restart of XBMC from the Launcher 2.3, and inspection of that movie title, the newly associated movie title is correct and seems to be complete.

FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.ca/1378029

can you generate a trac ticket for this including the xbmc.log and the exact steps to reproduce.
just wanted to say that the latest svn is working absolutely fine here Smile thanks for your work
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1