• 4(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
davilla Wrote:can you generate a trac ticket for this including the xbmc.log and the exact steps to reproduce.

Done: Ticket #6222. Hopefully I gave you what you need.
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a SVN build that includes this fix.
I just can't get it compiled so would anybody be so kind and upload an SVN build 19099 or newer?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bananenbrot
I am posting this from my mac mini, which I bought today! Connected the mini to my tv and runs like a breeze! Ok, here the questions... Because this is the first time I ever work with a apple, i've got some questions about that and i've got some questions about XBMC on a mini:

- How the hell do I install something? If a install something and later on want to go to a newer version (of let's say XBMC), how to I uninstall things on an apple?
- What version of xbmc is best to use with aeon / stark?
- Can someone point me into the right direction for setting up the combination of mac mini / xbmc / all my audio and video?
- anything in particular interesting / good to know about xbmc on a mini?

Thanks in advance
wilco78 Wrote:I am posting this from my mac mini, which I bought today! Connected the mini to my tv and runs like a breeze! Ok, here the questions... Because this is the first time I ever work with a apple, i've got some questions about that and i've got some questions about XBMC on a mini:

- How the hell do I install something? If a install something and later on want to go to a newer version (of let's say XBMC), how to I uninstall things on an apple?
- What version of xbmc is best to use with aeon / stark?
- Can someone point me into the right direction for setting up the combination of mac mini / xbmc / all my audio and video?
- anything in particular interesting / good to know about xbmc on a mini?

Thanks in advance

Sorry but what do your qestions have to do about 3rd party svn builds of XBMC for Mac beside the fact that you might want to be running one of these builds ? Let's try not NOT hi-jack existing threads to keep the reader confusion down please.
AppleTV 2.3.1
ATV Helper 1.1b
SVN 19065
Basics-Vision Skin

ATV Helper install went well. Comments:

1. Library was no longer accessible for an SMB shared drive; I got a message "share unavailable". The share was available and playable with Library off. I resolved the problem by removing and re-adding the shares.

2. When playing a movie / TV, there was no splash screen saying "buffering...". I think this was useful as it helps avoid re-selecting the video.

3. Videos seem slower to launch. Get sound about 1-2 seconds before video appeared.

4. Video stutter at launch, would vanish after 5 - 10 seconds.

5. More sensitive slow network than 8.10 or previous SVN.

I have gone back to 8.10 because of the video stuttering but miss the improved video decoding picture quality of the SVN build.

thanks for building this and making it available.

N
Bananenbrot Wrote:Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a SVN build that includes this fix.
I just can't get it compiled so would anybody be so kind and upload an SVN build 19099 or newer?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bananenbrot

here try this, i have managed to get rev 19213 built, have not managed to test it fully, but it does fix the fanart issue.
Download XBMC-Rev19213
New build
rev19195

Is running much smoother than rev19065

@andyblac
I added your build to the 1st post
Thank you so much andyblac! Smile (And Tsf42m of course Wink)
Tsf42m Wrote:New build
rev19195

Is running much smoother than rev19065

@andyblac
I added your build to the 1st post

Hey Tsf42m,

I've been getting an error when doing the atv update

Code:
Can't make paragraph 3 of "192.168.1.113 frontrow" into type string.

install seems to work as far as i can tell, but just wondering what step it is missing there at the end that throws up that error.
Indeed it seems to be more responsive (bit faster)

Thanks!
Big Grin
criti Wrote:Hey Tsf42m,

I've been getting an error when doing the atv update

Code:
Can't make paragraph 3 of "192.168.1.113 frontrow" into type string.

install seems to work as far as i can tell, but just wondering what step it is missing there at the end that throws up that error.

If anyone else has a problem with aTV Helper ether start a new thread or comment on my blog.

You get this error when the aTV reboots a bit faster then normal... next update will have error handling for this.
Hi,

how far apart are the Babylon Alpha and you latest build please?

Should I use Babylon Alpha or your build?
pooh Wrote:Hi,

how far apart are the Babylon Alpha and you latest build please?

Should I use Babylon Alpha or your build?

Babylon Alpha is slightly newer then my latest build. You can check the Trac log.

I think the devs would prefer u to use Babylon Alpha to help them find bugs in it.
Tsf42m Wrote:Babylon Alpha is slightly newer then my latest build. You can check the Trac log.

I think the devs would prefer u to use Babylon Alpha to help them find bugs in it.

yes, it helps us focus. I'm pushing for more timely builds say once a week or even sooner depending on what gets fixed. big thing is if you find a issue, the first thing a dev is going to ask is if it reproducible with the current test release.

also if you find an issue, file a trac ticket with a good description and examples if possible. trac tickets have the highest priority right now. if it's in track it will get looked at.
Hi, i'm pretty much a noob to all of this, but I was wondering if the developers are aware that subtitles in mkv files stopped working after rev17215.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1