• 5(current)
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)
Peaches Wrote:Hi, i'm pretty much a noob to all of this, but I was wondering if the developers are aware that subtitles in mkv files stopped working after rev17215.

probably not and unless you file a trac ticket with a description and example of the problem it will not get much attention. trac tickets are always looked at, forum posts can be missed or forgotten.
Peaches Wrote:Hi, i'm pretty much a noob to all of this, but I was wondering if the developers are aware that subtitles in mkv files stopped working after rev17215.

subtitles in mkv's work for me in SVN:19219 (9.04.alpha1).
Has there been (or planned) an available SVN build for Mac/AppleTV after the 9.04 alpha 1? Just trying to be as current as possible. Also noticed that the new Youtube plugin requires 19457 or greater.
Boseman Wrote:Has there been (or planned) an available SVN build for Mac/AppleTV after the 9.04 alpha 1? Just trying to be as current as possible. Also noticed that the new Youtube plugin requires 19457 or greater.

yes and until then, you might take a peek here, total untested and unverified.

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

EDIT: these are build to run on 10.5 only. bad sshcs, bad.
I was planing on getting another build out tomorrow or saturday.
Trying to stick to every 2-3 weeks.
Also a quick tutorial for adding my source into launcher 3.0

@daville
Do you want me to stop making builds?
Tsf42m Wrote:I was planing on getting another build out tomorrow or saturday.
Trying to stick to every 2-3 weeks.
Also a quick tutorial for adding my source into launcher 3.0

@daville
Do you want me to stop making builds?

It's really up to you. The other xbmc devs would rather users report errors on the official test builds. I don't care as long as any problems get reported with the proper info including svn version. My motto, no versions, no soup.

9.04.beta1 is going to tag soon, in a day or so.

Oh, and fair warning, shutdown and reboot will be functional very soon.
Seems like a lot of work is getting done, it's great to see progress for osx xbmc. Open source+strong community=Smile
Exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks team. It is such a pleasure to be part of this process.
Hey guys,

Specs; ATV with 2.3.1
Latest version of ATV Flash

I'm was running the vanilla Babylon with no issues. I just tried to update to the latest svn 19597 by
copying the files directly over to my /Applications Directory.

When I execute the app I get a "exited with status:5 error"

The crash reporter states the following. Any idea how to fix this?

Quote:**********

Host Name: AppleTV-2
Date/Time: 2009-04-22 17:03:52.082 +0000
OS Version: 10.4.7 (Build 8N5818)
Report Version: 4

Command: XBMC
Path: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Parent: Finder [169]

Version: 9.04.beta1 (SVN-19597M)

PID: 202
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _strerror$UNIX2003
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libcdio.10.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
gman4nj Wrote:Hey guys,

Specs; ATV with 2.3.1
Latest version of ATV Flash

I'm was running the vanilla Babylon with no issues. I just tried to update to the latest svn 19597 by
copying the files directly over to my /Applications Directory.

When I execute the app I get a "exited with status:5 error"

The crash reporter states the following. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for this report, this looks like a self build xbmc for mac. The missing UNIX2003 symbol indicates you might not have followed readme.osx with respect to installing macports. This libcdio was built against 10.5sdk and needs to be 10.4sdk to run on the ATV.
davilla Wrote:Thanks for this report, this looks like a self build xbmc for mac. The missing UNIX2003 symbol indicates you might not have followed readme.osx with respect to installing macports. This libcdio was built against 10.5sdk and needs to be 10.4sdk to run on the ATV.

davilla Wrote:yes and until then, you might take a peek here, total untested and unverified.

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

OK, I guess that is part of my problem since I downloaded the new version from the site you provided above. With that, I guess it's safe to assume I can't get an updated version until there is an official release?

Thanks for your update.
gman4nj Wrote:OK, I guess that is part of my problem since I downloaded the new version from the site you provided above. With that, I guess it's safe to assume I can't get an updated version until there is an official release?

Thanks for your update.

Smile look in sf downloads, just popped out.
HAHA, you rock!
ddale Wrote:Deleted the videos database from the users folder, reset my content and rescanned and everything appears ok now.

Slick

How do you 'reset the content'

Newbie here Smile
Quote:How do you 'reset the content'

Newbie here

when you delete the video database you have to set the content again.. hence reset the content, and then re-scan it.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS X / ATV] Third-party SVN builds of XBMC for Mac (unofficial and unsupported)1