how to change to default player?
ok guys,
i finally got smooth playback using mpc-hc as external player using reclock also, so now all is fine, i go into movies in xbmc access the context menu and choose external player and my pal and ntsc films play smooth! the only prob i have now is
when i go into music in xbmc and press play, it uses the external player instead of default? i can change this by using context menu but i'd rather it just use xbmc's default player! i have the same prob playing apple movie trailers in xbmc scripts, when press play it users the external player instead of default ( i know theres a prob with apple trailers at the mo anyway ), so why is it doin this? if i play movies i have to change to external player but everything else seems to play straight off with external player! is there anything i can add to my advancedsettings xml to make it use default player for my mp3/wav files in music and the apple trailers scripts?
heres what i'm using
thanks for any help in advance, dmemphis,uk.

- <advancedsettings>
- <audio>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
- <video>
</video>
- <externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>-play</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
you're shitting me right?

what did you think
<video>
</video>

is there for?
look, i just copied the advancesettings xml and added my external player to it! to be honest i don't totally understand what it all means! but it works!¬
of course i want external player for my movies i just want default player for everything else! music/apple trailers!
if someone could just tell me what to alter or add to this xml doc to make my music and apple trailers play via default instead of external that would be great!
thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_a...a_playback

"Note, you can also set externalplayer as the default audio player:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>

If you don't need these and want to use the default players (dvdplayer/paplayer), don't include the defaultplayer and audio/video tags!"

So to fix your MP3 playing, you need to remove..
"<audio>
</audio>"

As for your Apple Quicktime stuff.. you've specified that the default video player should be externalplayer, which in turn you've specified is mpc-hc.exe - so obviously any video file will be played by that.

If you want to get specific about different players playing different extensions (i.e tell xbmc to play .mov's or .qt or streams through XBMC but everything else through externalplayer) i think you'll want to look at the playercorefactory method in the wiki link at the top of my post... i don't know whether that's possible yet tho, I don't use that functionality myself
vexation Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_a...a_playback

"Note, you can also set externalplayer as the default audio player:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>

If you don't need these and want to use the default players (dvdplayer/paplayer), don't include the defaultplayer and audio/video tags!"

So to fix your MP3 playing, you need to remove..
"<audio>
</audio>"

As for your Apple Quicktime stuff.. you've specified that the default video player should be externalplayer, which in turn you've specified is mpc-hc.exe - so obviously any video file will be played by that.

If you want to get specific about different players playing different extensions (i.e tell xbmc to play .mov's or .qt or streams through XBMC but everything else through externalplayer) i think you'll want to look at the playercorefactory method in the wiki link at the top of my post... i don't know whether that's possible yet tho, I don't use that functionality myself

Hi mate
thanks very much, with you explaining ( and not patronizing me!! ) i now understand and i think i'm getting to grips with all this now!
Will give these a try tonight.
thanks again......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to change to default player?0