xbmc and freenas upnp problem
I am running xbmx under XP
I have another pc running "freenas" . This is a freeware package that turns a old pc into a NAS. I intend to be able to view any dvd from any of my PC's anytime

I am able to load files to the NAS and view them as SMB shares, no probs so far.

The freenas also supports UpnP... load a few .VOB (dvd) files start the UPnP service and XBMC can Browse to the mediaserver, find the files and play them just fine. So far I am a happy bunny.

Add a few more files to the nas and they show up via SMB share but not via XBMC !!!! Use Firefox to view the UPnP service on port 49152 and it also can not see them.

Return to freenas and stop and start the UPnP service ( it rebuilds the data base, adding the new files) and firefox sees the nice new bigger database.

NOW comes the problem, I have to get XBMC to add a new source if I wish to see the new files. It finds them no probs but ...
The new source is the exact same PC/share/IP/Port/service .."the lot".. as it was looking 5 minutes ago.!!!!

Does it mean I have to "RE-Source" all my Vids MP3s Photos each time I add a new DVD to the NAS.

Long winnded but I wish to tell the whole story
Thanks
I use tversity the latest build and each time I add new media i must recreate the media library then get on my laptop using xbmc to re-source the same upnp folder even though it's pointing to the same location.
Thanks for letting me know.
Its not a great deal of help but at least I know that its not me. I hope its a bit of comfort to your self to know that its the same with other platforms.
I was unable to find a step by step guide to use a NAS / XBMC setup. Might have to put one together!!!

Again thanks Mate

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc and freenas upnp problem0