Event Ghost Issues?
Hello,

I have recently tried to get my MCE Remote to work under Vista 32 bit with no success Blush
Before i rush off to what issues I have, here are the versions of everything I use:

Vista: Ultimate 32 bit
XBMC: XBMC for Windows 8.10 from xbmc.org
EventGhost & Driver: EventGhost_0.3.6.1487 from here.
IR Receiver: Microsoft Media Center Remote

I have followed this Guide with no avail.

In EventGhost, I added my MCE remote (disabling the service), then added the XBMC plugin. When i now push anything on the remote (ofc after the manual reboot i was told to do) nothing happens - should I not see the event of something being pushed on the left (log) within EventGhost?

When i re-enable the service from the MCE plugin, the MCE remote works "as usual" with the other apps, but EventGhost still does not register any signals from my IR remote?

Any help would be appreciated... im out of ideas Sad
Are you using the alternate driver for MCE Remote?
I am not sure what you mean by alternate driver...

I did install the X10 Stuff, however, I am unsure if that replaced the driver its currently using. Currently my Remote is recognized as: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.

Is that wrong?
check out the event ghost wiki, there is a section for the mce remote. you need the alternate driver. It will change the name ehome to MCE remote.
mediajunki Wrote:check out the event ghost wiki, there is a section for the mce remote. you need the alternate driver. It will change the name ehome to MCE remote.

You don't need the replacement driver with the newest eventghost builds.

Make sure you are downloading the latest build from here:
http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

Check the box that says "Disable HID service". That does what the replacement driver was intended to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Event Ghost Issues?0