Crash when browsing for sources
althekiller Wrote:Shoutcast is built in to XBMC. Just add it using the "Add Source" dialog in the music section.

if you go to add source it crashes xbmc (closes to the ubuntu screen with no other adverse reactions)

I have XBMC installed on 2 systems ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 both the newest svn builds the problem started about 4 days ago after a update on both systems.

you get the Add source-browse-shoutcast then hit enter the status bar starts and your back to your desktop.

all the best

john

all in all you still have the best media center around.
johnv,

Start another thread. Completely unrelated. And most likely due to a known Ubuntu library issue.

When you start the new thread, provide the necessary detail so we can help you fix the issue.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:johnv,

Start another thread. Completely unrelated. And most likely due to a known Ubuntu library issue.

When you start the new thread, provide the necessary detail so we can help you fix the issue.

First thanks for a fantastic program!!!!

Problem using SVN:17271 on both Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 (one is my desktop the other my HTPC) all works great but if i try any Shoutcast sources it shuts down XBMC.

This started with the dally build 3 or so days ago and only Shoutcast is a problem Movies and recorded music is fine.

If you can help please let me know.

BTW the new builds have brought down my CPU usage on H254 down from avg 95% to 25-45% at 24-26 fps
Again, start another thread and provide the necessary debug logs and gdb backtrace.

Read stickies.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Some people...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when browsing for sources0