Scraped Artist Info / Covers vs. ID3
Hello.

Originally when I first installed XBMC I used scrapers for a couple albums as a test. XBMC downloaded covers and artist info for my 10 test albums.

I have hundreds of albums that were not scraped... and by editing ID3 information I can change Artists or Art for them.

I have since re-scanned my library with updated ID3 tags with higher resolution covers; however, no matter how many times I re-scan or update the library, it still uses the original scraped album art for the albums that were scraped. In addition, it uses the scraped Artist name information which displays the Artist name in all lowercase letters 'thievery corporation' eventhough all tags are tagged as "Thievery Corporation".

Normally, this problem is solved by removing the albums from the library directory - and scanning without them - then adding them back and scanning again. With albums that were scraped, this technique has no effect. Scraped artist information and covers remain. I can manually change covers in album info by pointing the "Get Thumb" to a .jpg, but rescanning has no effect.

I cannot figure out how to change or remove all the scraped Artist Name Information XBMC believes to be correct.

Can anyone tell me where this information is stored so I can edit my library as I see fit. I know I am being super anal with capitals and s#it, but I still want it to know how to fix it.

THANKS
you need to use file manager and delete the database thumb/info caches for the items you are trying to get rid of. Also use clean library button often.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
A couple of things:

1. Once a thumb is cached, it's never updated on scan. Delete the music thumbnails and rescan your music.

2. XBMC does not use the "scraped" artist naming at all, anywhere. If it's lowercase, then it's because it's in your tags like that. I'm not sure if the db is case-sensitive or not, but if it's not, if the first artist was configured as lowercase, then that would be the problem.

3. To do a complete rescan:

a. The Userdata/Thumbnails/Music folder.
b. The Userdata/Database/MyMusic7.db
c. Scan your albums.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thankyou.

Rescanning after deleting all of that worked awesomely.

Covers & Artists are true to the current tags.
gammatest,

Did you delete both --

-- The Userdata/Thumbnails/Music folder.
-- The Userdata/Database/MyMusic7.db

-- of these and then did a complete rescan?

Sorry. wasn't clear to me!

Thanks!

Clearsong

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraped Artist Info / Covers vs. ID30