Solved How do I edit the scanned movie information?
Some of my movies is added wrong and I would like to tell XBMC what movie it really is. The .db files in my .xbmc folder can't be opened with any text editor, and the xbmc gui does not seem to have a feature such as the one Boxee has, where I simply select the movie it really is.
I have opened all the .xml files I could find in that folder an none contains the library.

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex (2.6.27-9)
XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 (Compiled: Nov 14 2008)
Build: Mediastream v.1.00
Context Menu -> Movie Information -> Refresh -> Select the one you want.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fantastic. Thank you so much.
I am loving the XBMC experience...wonderful product.
Although a true way to edit would be a nice feature. Something in the vein of Meedio's plug-in TagEdit by UFGraymatter. It allows a user to edit all the various tags in the Meedio library for a selected item. This comes in handy when an item is unscrapeable, or the information found is just messy/wrong and needs to be changed. I've been planning on adding this as a feature request.
Suggest you read on on the XBMC Media Companion tool
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Mythvideo has a nice feature where you can physically type in an IMDB number.
This would be fantastic in the cases as has been mentioned when the item is unscrapeable OR
the damn scraper keeps picking the wrong movie for not damned reason.

This or a manual edit would be great but meh I'll live.

BLKMGK Wrote:Suggest you read on on the XBMC Media Companion tool

It could just be my imagination but that appears to be a Windows based tool.
Perhaps it runs through WINE but this really isn't a great solution for Linux.

From the tool's thread: "p.s - this program was written with Visual Basic 2008, so make sure you have the latest .net framework installed"

DotNet is a bullshit pain in the ass, I wouldn't wish the attempt to install it under WINE on my worst enemy.
hikaricore Wrote:Mythvideo has a nice feature where you can physically type in an IMDB number.
That feature would be awesome since I have many Swedish movies that always get scanned in wrong. Usually they end up being some obscure Serbian, German, or Polish movie and no other suggestions.
Try typing it in manually when you do a refresh (it'll prompt you to choose, then choose manual, and type in the tt<number>)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sometimes it doesn't pop up.
Sometimes you can't choose manual.

Also you can't choose manual without a mouse which sucks.
Then post bug reports that allow things to be reproduced and it will be fixed.

BLKMGK Wrote:Suggest you read on on the XBMC Media Companion tool
I know how to use both media companion and movie info plus. I just think editing info from in the GUI would be much nicer, and quicker.
Hello,

(2009-01-25, 07:53)MockY Wrote: Some of my movies is added wrong and I would like to tell XBMC what movie it really is. The .db files in my .xbmc folder can't be opened with any text editor, and the xbmc gui does not seem to have a feature such as the one Boxee has, where I simply select the movie it really is.
I have opened all the .xml files I could find in that folder an none contains the library.

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex (2.6.27-9)
XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 (Compiled: Nov 14 2008)
Build: Mediastream v.1.00

(2009-01-25, 08:05)jmarshall Wrote: Context Menu -> Movie Information -> Refresh -> Select the one you want.

I knew this way to edit movie information with XBMC but now I'm on KODI 17.3 - krypton.
Can you tell me how to do ?Huh

Aurelien
kodi 17.3
Ubuntu 16.04
Hello...

1. Go to the movie you want to change
  2. Call up the Movie Information page
  3. Select "Refresh"
  4. The movie will rescrape. If there are numerous entries at the scraper site, it will give you a list to choose the correct movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I apologize, I didn't have scroll as far as 'refresh' !!
Thank you Karellen, it works perfectly.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I edit the scanned movie information?0