XBMC DirecTV HR20-700
Good day all - Great Product. I have a DirecTV HR20-700 receiver that is "UPnP" supported. So far I can view PlayOn, and TVersity with no issues. My question is, how can I do this with XBMC? The computer is listed under DirecTV computers. When accessing, I am presented with Music Files, Video Files, Picture Files, Music Library and Video Library. When selecting these items, I get presented with "There are no files in this folder". I am a noob, but anxious to get the bang out of XMBC. Does anyone know of or how to achieve the above to possibily have the sat. receiver stream from xmbc since it is xbmc. If I can find out how to add files to the above I think I will be set.

Also, as far as hardware requirements, is the below sufficient?

1.) Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
2.) 3.40 Dual Core
3.) 3.00GB Ram

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Chris
chrissezhi Wrote:Good day all - Great Product. I have a DirecTV HR20-700 receiver that is "UPnP" supported. So far I can view PlayOn, and TVersity with no issues. My question is, how can I do this with XBMC? The computer is listed under DirecTV computers. When accessing, I am presented with Music Files, Video Files, Picture Files, Music Library and Video Library. When selecting these items, I get presented with "There are no files in this folder". I am a noob, but anxious to get the bang out of XBMC. Does anyone know of or how to achieve the above to possibily have the sat. receiver stream from XBMC since it is xbmc. If I can find out how to add files to the above I think I will be set.

Also, as far as hardware requirements, is the below sufficient?

1.) Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
2.) 3.40 Dual Core
3.) 3.00GB Ram

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Chris

Your hardware looks sufficient. I think what you need to do is actually go into XBMC and add sources to where the files are that you want to share. You can do a search on "set content" here on the forums to find more information on adding particular media to a library.

Basically, your reciever sees XBMC trying to share stuff, but XBMC hasn't been told where the stuff you want to share is. So you need to tell it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DirecTV HR20-7000