XBMC on XP random crashes
Sad 
XBMC is mostly running perfectly on XP, it's indexed all my films, shows and music fine.

I have a media PC which I leave running 24x7 and have replaced media-portal with XBMC.

About once a day or so, when I go to use XBMC I find that it's crashed with a windows error message.

The error log can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/f7a8e7c93

In my XP event log I have the following messages:
Event ID: 1001
Type: Error
Fault bucket 1013206771.

Event ID: 1000
Faulting application xbmc.exe, version 0.8.1.0, faulting module xbmc.exe, version 0.8.1.0, fault address 0x003a8010.

Event ID: 1001
Fault bucket 1013206771.

Event ID: 1000
Faulting application xbmc.exe, version 0.8.1.0, faulting module xbmc.exe, version 0.8.1.0, fault address 0x002ae700.

Thanks

Seri
Please read this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Then post the pertinent information. I'm sure someone will be happy to help you then...
Lightbulb 
Okay, so I thought I was so good with the information I provided, apparently not, oh well...

XBMC 8.10 Final Release
Windows XP SP3 (32Bit Edition)
AMD Athlon 64 5300+
2Gb RAM
ATi Radeon HD 3200 (Integrated with 256Mb allocated)
ATi HDMI Audio Out (Realtek onboard but unused)
Antec Veris Basic IR Reciever
MediaStream Skin (Version included in the SBMC release)
XBMC.Log: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/f3ef1735

Please let me know if anything else is helpful.

Thanks again

Seri
http://ocs.nl/xbmc/XBMCSetup-Rev17317-jester.exe

Try this version of XBMC.
Just downloading and installing it now.

If it doesn't crash then I'll post an update in 48 hours. If it does crash then I'll stick the logs etc up as soon as I notice.

Thanks for the super quick responses.

Seri
Deleted, I had it wrong, am still trying the 'jester' build.
Smile 
The Jester build was working quite well until yesterday when it suddenly locked up (no crash message), just a hard lock and black screen.

I used the task manager to quit it and when I tried to re-launch it kept crashing out immediately on start-up (logs etc are available if required).

I re-installed the official release build and it works again (had to rebuild the database from scratch).

Is there a more recent SVN compile for windows?

Thanks

Seri
Can you try:

my latest build (link in my sig.)

see if xbmc crashes when using the default skin (PM3)

see if xbmc crashes when using the mediastream skin (latest version if possible...)

post debug logs

thanks
Jester Wrote:Can you try:

my latest build (link in my sig.)

see if xbmc crashes when using the default skin (PM3)

see if xbmc crashes when using the mediastream skin (latest version if possible...)

post debug logs

thanks

After I download the latest svn build with my tortise svn client, what the heck do i do with it, just copy the whole thing over my existing xbmc folder in program files?

Thanx
TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Smile 
Thanks Jester, I'll install the build and try with the PM3 skin and then the MediaStream skin.

As it seems to take a while before crashing it may be a few days before I can post any useful results.

Thanks again

Seri
tcman47 Wrote:After I download the latest svn build with my tortise svn client, what the heck do i do with it, just copy the whole thing over my existing xbmc folder in program files?

Thanx
TC

nooooo, don't do that, don't use any client, just grab my latest build from my link below

unless you want to compile xbmc on your own, but i've done that step for you Wink
tcman47: if you check the source code out of the SVN you would need to compile it yourself (not really something I would recommend for the unitiated).

on the link in Jesters sig there's links to the builds that they have already compiled from the SVN source code.

Seri
Jester Wrote:nooooo, don't do that, don't use any client, just grab my latest build from my link below

unless you want to compile xbmc on your own, but i've done that step for you Wink

LOL, I grabbed your latest build which i see is an .exe file, same question though, when its asks me where to install it, do i install into same folder as my current xbmc files and write over them or install it to a new directory? And then what for the next build, etc..?

TC Huh
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
tcman47 Wrote:LOL, I grabbed your latest build which i see is an .exe file, same question though, when its asks me where to install it, do i install into same folder as my current xbmc files and write over them or install it to a new directory? And then what for the next build, etc..?

TC Huh

whatever you prefer, might be good to do a clean install (so remove your old installation first then install the new build)
Jester Wrote:whatever you prefer, might be good to do a clean install (so remove your old installation first then install the new build)

I know I am being a pain in the neck but one last question, if i do a clean install don't i have to save out certain files like my database and thumbnail files, i dont understand how when i install a new build all my info is kept?

TC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on XP random crashes1