• 2(current)
MiniMeedia - New Skin
I see them embeded
smcnally75 Wrote:I see them embeded

me too

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Looking pretty great so far. Will look forward to see more development with this one.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Not sure what you mean by album view and to me a coverflow view has angled covers in it? Huh

If you are asking if the posters will animate when moving through the list then the answer is yes, they will.

Sorry for any confusion. English is not my main language and sometimes I have a hard time making myself clear.

But thats pretty much what I was talking about. In the second picture we see the small covers, but since it's only a photo I wondered if there was some animation to go along with it. Specially 3d animations.

In the original MediaStream my favorite view is the Coverflow. I think the 3D flipping effect works really well. And I was wondering if we can expect to see some sort of view that resembles the Coverflow in the MediaStream skin, but with more space for the fan art.
I've not actually really planned out exactly what views are going to be included in the skin but what I would like is to have a decent set of views for all media so that users have a wide and varied choice. There is no real restriction on the number of views anymore but I wouldn't think we'll be going overboard on it as it would become too unwieldy.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The pictures are embedded in the first post are they not? I don't have to click on anything I just see them in the post.

Is anyone else having problems seeing the images?
Sorry but i only see the links which is ok as i then get the full screen view
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hi skunkmonkee just had another good look at your pics, i must on second look am more impressed, my question is will the main menu scroll vertically inside the small frame in a similar fashion to mediastream? if so great . also i think it would be nice to keep it as simple and uncluttered as possible i believe thats what is needed as skins are starting to become overcomplicated in my humble oppinion, nice work so farSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
If the objective is to show as much as possible of the background, a good idea was to make the home menu auto hide when not in use, something like the PM3 fanart view.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
paul Wrote:Hi skunkmonkee just had another good look at your pics, i must on second look am more impressed, my question is will the main menu scroll vertically inside the small frame in a similar fashion to mediastream? if so great . also i think it would be nice to keep it as simple and uncluttered as possible i believe thats what is needed as skins are starting to become overcomplicated in my humble oppinion, nice work so farSmile

Yes, the main menu on home will scroll up and down through the items (it's based on a wraplist control, as was the menu on MediaStream).

A lot of the navigation and elements in the new skin are based on how MediaStream worked but the idea this time has been to completely tone down the UI so as to make it as minimal as possible (and therefore to display as much of the background as possible).

As an indicator of the difference, the textures.xpr in MediaStream is about 30MB or so. The textures.xpr in MiniMeedia is less than 200KB so far - it's nowhere near complete yet but at a similar stage in the MediaStream process the xpr was probably around 20-25MB!
Fantastic! This will be a hit for sure.
The focus skin had a homescreen menu that would fit this skin nicely! (high usability)

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Speaking of mediastream & focus... are submenus planned? That little blue arrow tells me probably but I thought I'd ask anyways
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Submenus are there and are currently very similar in content (but not necessarily in look) to the submenus in MediaStream although there's no guarantee that won't change before release. Wink
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Submenus are there and are currently very similar in content (but not necessarily in look) to the submenus in MediaStream although there's no guarantee that won't change before release. Wink

I love that you seem to be taking into consideration a view that uses banners and not posters. I like banners way more than I do posters, especially for TV Shows, and MediaStream really hates banners.
eduo Wrote:I love that you seem to be taking into consideration a view that uses banners and not posters. I like banners way more than I do posters, especially for TV Shows, and MediaStream really hates banners.

The TV Wide view in MediaStream is designed for wide banner thumbs for TV Shows, have you tried it?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The TV Wide view in MediaStream is designed for wide banner thumbs for TV Shows, have you tried it?

I must be doing something wrong. I don't seem to have that view:

To be truthful, I'm looking for a banner-based view free of information...

EDIT: This could've been so much better. Can't I resize the IMG tag?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia - New Skin2