• 8(current)
MiniMeedia - New Skin
I'll throw in my two cents about the font as well. For lack of a better word, and no offense here, but i think it looks silly.

To me, it makes the movie/TV show look silly. Imagine "The Godfather" written in that font, or "Schindler's List". It takes out the seriousness of it.

But what do I know, I'm only an end user and don't know the first thing about skinning.
Yep.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at the end of the day a skin doesn't have to be 'serious' as some seem to think. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Watching movies and tv shows, listening to music and other media centre functions are supposed to be fun, are they not?
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
I am with keeganl. At first, I too thought it looked kinda of out of place and silly but the more I look at it the more I like it. Something different like skunkm0nkee says is always nice.
Please post some screenshot of the new features (studio flag's, etc...)
Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Will hopefully get a chance to post some screenshots tomorrow (things are really hectic at the moment).

I'm posting small updates every now and again on twitter and will aim to post to the forums soon as I've made quite a bit of progress over the last week or so.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Great. I would love to see how the tv show view turned out.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
As promised, here's an update on the skin development as I'm getting closer to being able to release it (some time in the next week or so I hope). I'm currently going through and testing/tweaking various parts of the skin, trying to make sure that the skin is in a releasable state.

One of the more obvious recent changes has been the inclusion of studio and ratings flags for movies. Currently I'm not planning on doing video/audio format flags until the relevant information is in the video database. (I don't really want to have to rename my files to achieve it atm, and don't really want to force others to do it either).

High List view (Movies):

List view (Movies):

I've also updated the tv area to include ratings flags (TVDB scraper now fetches them) and have also added code for network flags as I hope that will soon be scraped for TV shows too.

The following is a screenshot of the list view, showing what the Low List view would look like for TV shows once the network field is scraped.

Low List view (TV Shows):

I've also added an option to use the Arial font. It doesn't look all that great but will make the skin look a bit more 'serious' and also will help foreign language users.

Time permitting, I hope to carry on polishing and fixing any bugs over the next few days and will look to release the skin towards the end of the week. I'll also try and post a few more screenshots during the week to try and whet people's appetite before the release. Wink
Spectacular man very nice skin IMO.
Thanks! Big Grin
I love the font you chose to use for the Movie titles. What's it named? Looks like Comic Sans.
It's not Comic Sans although it is similar. I can't remember what it is called as I've made quite a few changes to it since I originally found it.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Thanks! Big Grin

Payment where payment is due my friend keep it up.
Great work!
Can you post a actual home screenshot? and a episode view?
I didn't find any watched/unwatched icons, can you post some of that too?

No probs, I'll be posting more screenshots throughout this week and will make sure I include those.
In the movies section, are you displaying the resolution media flag? All of my videos are contain the the res in the NFO so aeon can pick it up and I really really like the way this skin is going. Is there going to be support for that?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia - New Skin2