Save thumbnails to same location as media file?
I've been searching the wiki, manual, and this board for a few hours now and can't seem to find a way (if one exists) to either save thumbnails to the same location as a media file is located or to decode the cache naming and automatically move them to the media files location.

Reason I would want to do this is to save time on reimport if necessary and to always have the thumbs be what I selected and not have to reselect on reimport.
Yes you can. I'd suggest you use one of the Media apps (Media Companion or Movie Info Plus) found in this section to help you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
Or just use the option in XBMC settings to export your library to separate files. It has the option to do nfo's, tbn's and fanart.
LaTropa64 Wrote:Or just use the option in XBMC settings to export your library to separate files. It has the option to do nfo's, tbn's and fanart.
Note, only with a version after 8.10 (it was introduced after the stable was released)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...rt_options
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok, that would be it then - if it was introduced after the stable was released. I was trying to learn/start with the stable then update from there once I was comfortable. Wanted to avoid bugs that popup with development builds.

I knew about the 'helper' apps, and the reason I was asking if it could be done during the scrape was to have it automated (i.e. add a new movie, just that fanart/poster is saved in the same folder as it) and not requiring exports/helper reruns every time I add a movie.

Thanks for the information and help, it's much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save thumbnails to same location as media file?0