• 4(current)
Serenity
quark

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
if we're gonna go for quarks, lets take it down even further to preons Nerd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
how about you just name it 1
After numerous hours of head-scratching, swearing, and pacing on my porch smoking cigarettes, I finally got the Music Library working as shown in the concepts.

Here are a few screenshots of it in-action:

Music Library, browsing artists.

Conditional weather on the home screen at work...also shows the working volumebar. Whooo...volume.

Nukka's Supplemental weather script going off the home page. This is just an example of how you'll be able to add your own buttons to the main menu for whatever script/plugin you choose. I do intend on including the launcher and Supplemental weather addons right off the bat.

Yummy closeup.

Music Library, browsing albums. You have the option of either sorting by genre/album/artist and working your way down to songs, or you can just jump in to "all items" for that category. Big Grin

So, thus far, I've got a working menusystem figured out that's quite simple to re-use in the other windows. The whole idea behind this skin is fanart, and creating the illusion that you're always in the same place. That, and customizibality.

When you first use the skin, there are buttons in each section that will allow you to set the fanart path for that section right away. After that, paths can be accessed in the skin settings section.

Also, there's going to be a section in the skin settings where, like I said, YOU get to pick what links you have, and where they go to. So if you want the Youtube plugin in the main menu, you can add it. If you want hulu, you can add hulu. You'll also be able to decide whether just selecting "movies" will take you to the library or files. Same for TV and Music.

Tighter integration with Launcher.

We've got a lot more tricks planned for this guy as well, but it's too early to say any more. But, if there's some other weird feature you'd like to see, let me know, and we'll try our best to accommodate.
digitalhigh Wrote:I know what miniscule means...but it sounds like pasta...

What kind of pasta you been eatingLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
This skin is shapeing up very quickley it sounds like you have thought of everything the only thing i personally would ask is for some kind of support for SD 16/9 and i know running any skin in the 720p mode makes the fonts unreadable in most places just found that problem with version4 of horizon. keep it going
+1 for SD support.

How does this flow? As in, when I highlight 'artists', do I press down and see a list or do I 'click' to see the list? After I select an artist from the list below, does a list of albums from that artist appear under the 'main' heading of artists still?

I'm not really sure how to word the question... maybe you could post a shot of what it looks like after you select an artist?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Pressing down/clicking from any of the categories will start you out at the root of that list.

Selecting something from that category will jump you to the next section and populate. Here's a progression starting from genres and going to picking a song from the songs section.

The Now playing ss is a different song/album than highlighted...technical difficulties. Big Grin

digitalhigh Wrote:Selecting something from that category will jump you to the next section and populate. Here's a progression starting from genres and going to picking a song from the songs section.

That's how I was hoping it would work. Looking forward to the release

rwparris2 Wrote:That's how I was hoping it would work. Looking forward to the release

Thank you. That means a lot. Big Grin
Ok, I have a feature request.

I like the look of Aeon and MediaStream, but I have one big beef with them.

They give you to many options to use while on screen. Meaning if you click in the video area and view your movies. You click down something happens, if you click up another menu pops up or I should say slides out of the pane on the right. The wife got so frustrated with it now I'm back to PM3HD because there is to much opening and closing and depending on what view your in it gets confusing shuting things off or clearing them from the screen.

Use the Info button and/or the Title button thats what they are for. Wink

Maybe there are things in the settings to disable some of it, but well I haven't had the luxury/time to look, but will some time.
Digital,

I'm having issues viewing the images. Is this skin going to work sorta like the start button in windows? Depending on where you are on the Start button it will open up the correct > to the next area? Meaning if you tap left or right it will jump to the next Area like Movies, Weather and so forth? If so thats kinda cool, if not you really got my intrest up. Wink
kizer Wrote:Ok, I have a feature request.

I like the look of Aeon and MediaStream, but I have one big beef with them.

They give you to many options to use while on screen. Meaning if you click in the video area and view your movies. You click down something happens, if you click up another menu pops up or I should say slides out of the pane on the right. The wife got so frustrated with it now I'm back to PM3HD because there is to much opening and closing and depending on what view your in it gets confusing shuting things off or clearing them from the screen.

You do know that the options menu in MediaStream (info doesn't display in MS without pressing the info button) can be turned off in the settings don't you?
Here's a video. The screencap software sucked, so the album pictures and now playing pictures don't show up...as well as the conditional weather backgrounds...

View My Video

Basically, what you see in the menus is *about* it for what will be there by default. What you can add will be entirely up to you. Some of the plugins are just there for the crap of seeing how it worked too.
It looks great thus far it has just about everything i require from a skin nice to see a video of it in action that is something for all skinners to consider when releasing there skins. great work digitalhigh i'm impresed.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serenity2