• 39(current)
Serenity
Have you tried setting the apps to run in win32 mode in vista? Should be a rightclick and then compatibility or properties.
tried compatibilty mode normal,vista , xp sp2

What version of launcher u got?

im using 1.03 i think
mame runs well but only in windowed mode, in fullscreen it pauses for a sec but never then returns control to xbmc, basically it never launches
I've been talking with Arcanthur, and I think we're going to be taking a swing at a major overhaul of Serenity's appearance.

Frankly, while I can make do where needed in the gfx design department, my strong point is more in the functionality side of things. This makes me feel like Serenity is a very powerful skin, but still lacks the overall look of something as cool as (IMHO) it is.

That said, we have begun scratching out heads in an attempt to work out how to keep all of Serenity's functionality while making it look...erm...prettier.

Nothing has been put into code yet, but I though you might be interested in seeing the initial ideas. The end result is what I would call a fusion of the current Serenity style, Aeon, and a few design ideas that Arcanthur has had in the works for a while.

There's only the one ss right now, but I suspect that things will go rather quickly once we get rolling on this thing.

Looks very good. The font, with the symbols behind looks very sleek and polished. Looking forward to it
Here are a couple more concepts, for a poster view, and the other a full screen info view.

and finally a new logo concept:

Dude...those are amazing. I may ask that we switch a few things around here and there, but overall, I am very impressed. Cannot wait to start coding this.
Wow guys that looks sweet.
Yep, it's looking really good.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks for the positive feedback guys Big Grin I've been working on some other ideas for poster view:

I like that. 2012 as the year as well? Very sexy.

Only thing I could forsee as being a problem is movies with longer titles.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

How do these fit?
Yeah I was thinking of maybe a slightly smaller font or have the longer titles scroll, or maybe a combo of both. I reworked and tightened up the full screen info concept as well, looks much more balanced now.

Hi

Guys, great looking preview Smile is it possible (only if you have the means and time) to think of us 4:3 owners when choosing fonts?

thx alot for all your hard work

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:Hi

Guys, great looking preview Smile is it possible (only if you have the means and time) to think of us 4:3 owners when choosing fonts?

thx alot for all your hard work

Zeltak

Always. In fact, the majority of the coding I do comes from 16:9 mockups but is developed in a 4:3 environment.

So basically, everything *should* be friendly to all. Wink
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serenity2