Music Fanart naming structure
I am using the svn 17349 from T3CH and I am wondering if anyone has had their music fanart automatically load when they do a scan?

I have tried it several ways, but it never picks it up. If anyone has had success, what naming structure for the fanart are you using.

I have tried
music/2pac/fanart.jpg
music/2pac/2pac-fanart.jpg
music/2pac/album/fanart.jpg

I have had no success with any of these. I hope they do not have to be manually added, because I have several hundred artists.
Latest svn doesn't mean anything if the skin you are using doesn't support it. But the structure should be Artist/fanart.jpg
PM-HD is at the moment the only skin that supports Music-fanart.

Naming structure.
Artist/fanart.jpg
Or you can apply this mod to PMIII (haven't tried it myself).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=273...stcount=33
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm having some small issues as well. I'm using the same folder structure (artist/albums) but some fanart's not loaded. I'm still trying to find the pattern but I think the fanart is used if ALL the tracks of the artist are in that one folder.

If however tracks of the same artist are also included in a compilation (a soundtrack for example) and are therefore in another folder (soundtrack XY), then the fanart is not recognized. Maybe XBMC doesn't know what folder to use for that artist and since there is no fanart in the soundtrack folder it doesn't load the art from the artist's folder.

Edit after some more testing: No, that's not it.
After some testing it has to be music/artist/album with the fanart.jpg in the artist folder. The artist folder can't contain any other files other than the artist's album folders and the fanart.jpg.

The scan worked perfect after that.

Thanks for this nice addition.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Fanart naming structure1