Anyway to change RGB levels yet?
Hi guys, finally got a remote working on xbmc so trying to use it more, but rgb levels are the next thing holding me back.

Videos are way to dark because they're being expanded to 0-255, when they should be 16-235. Combine this with LCD's notoriously bad black handling and you get, for me an unusable picture. Its not a problem when in use with my projector, as that allows you to switch between standard and enhanced, but my monitor (28" Hanns-G) does not.

SO? Is there anyway to sort it? Either in xbmc or ATi's display driver? I understand tweaking ati's avivo settings wont affect xbmc as it uses full opengl output rather than a video overlay? Is that correct?
That's also a big issue to me.
One of the reasons that makes me use the external player patch (reclock being the other one).
ASFAIK there is no way to change it right now. I wish to know if someone is working on it.
Discaciate Wrote:That's also a big issue to me.
One of the reasons that makes me use the external player patch (reclock being the other one).
ASFAIK there is no way to change it right now. I wish to know if someone is working on it.

I like the idea of external players, but having only just got xbmc working stably and with a remote i don't want to throw another spanner in the works just yet Oo.
Just change it in the ATI vid card settings? Jsut change the dropdown from desktop to 3D settings. Or something like that. Then change the contrast and brightness.
You need to change the Pixel Format in your ATI control panel from 'Full RGB' to 'Limited RGB'.
Do any of you guys know if it is possible to do something similar with nVidia cards?

Thx.
Discaciate Wrote:Do any of you guys know if it is possible to do something similar with nVidia cards?

Thx.

In the Nvidia Control Panel look under "Video & Television", "Adjust Video Color Settings". Select "With the Nvidia settings", click on the advanced tab and choose the preferred dynamic range (Limited or Full).
Hitcher Wrote:You need to change the Pixel Format in your ATI control panel from 'Full RGB' to 'Limited RGB'.

Wow why can't i find this lol. In the CCC somewhere?
It would be nice to have options for this inside XBMC. Sometimes a video has wrong levels encoded and a custom shader would be great in these situations.
Found the option in there, had to update to 8.12. Unfortunately, it doesn't change a damn thing! My options are

4:4:4 Studio (Limited)
4:4:4 PC Standard (Full)

Both are definitely the same, tried with patterns up and some videos playing whilst flicking between them.

I wonder, could it be a limit of my dvi-hdmi cable?
chris1712 Wrote:Found the option in there, had to update to 8.12. Unfortunately, it doesn't change a damn thing! My options are

4:4:4 Studio (Limited)
4:4:4 PC Standard (Full)

Both are definitely the same, tried with patterns up and some videos playing whilst flicking between them.

I wonder, could it be a limit of my dvi-hdmi cable?
Have you tried a reboot after setting it?

I know it works for me but then I'm using HDMI-HDMI.
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried a reboot after setting it?

I know it works for me but then I'm using HDMI-HDMI.

Yup no luck Sad.
Tried with a DVI-HDMI cable and the included ATi hdmi dongle now, same results either way Stare.

Man this sucks!
Yup this is a no go for me Sad.

How can I formally request it as a feature? I really need it if i'm to use xbmc as my sole media player.
paco Wrote:In the Nvidia Control Panel look under "Video & Television", "Adjust Video Color Settings". Select "With the Nvidia settings", click on the advanced tab and choose the preferred dynamic range (Limited or Full).

Thx for the reply.
But I have tried this on the past, and it doesn't work.
It works for every player I have (MWP, MPC and Zoom), but it doesn't work for XBMC.
One easy way to see if it works for you or it doesn't is to turn the SATURATION slider all the way down. All of your player wil be B&W, but XBMC will still play them with normal color.
Thats probably due to the fact that the system sees it not as a video player, but as an OpenGL application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to change RGB levels yet?0