When browseing movies in fanart display using pm3-hd skin, xbmc crashes and exits
Ubuntu 8.04 - Kernel 2.6.24-19-generic
i686
intel based q6600 with nvidia 8800gs / 2gb ram / 975x motherboard

Core Files
no core files generated on system

Backtrace (from the output to terminal window)
http://pastebin.com/m7e2ec60f

Debug log
http://pastebin.com/m4dd58724

When browseing movies in fanart display using pm3-hd skin, xbmc crashes and exits

Sometimes after that crash, xbmc no longer even attempts to open from a terminal window, ctrl+c does nothing, pgrep hangs, all cores are idle (quad core)

Svn: 17392 - compiled with ... svn up ... make clean ... make ... make install

Browsing video library in fanart view crashes to x desktop
Code:
spuds@xbuntu:/var/tmp$ xbmc
Error loading jpeg - no SOI marker found in first 4096 bytes
TIFF IMAGE: Cannot read TIFF header.
Segmentation fault
method return sender=:1.2 -> dest=:1.45 reply_serial=2
spuds@xbuntu:/var/tmp$
spuds@xbuntu:/var/tmp$ ls
spuds-xbmc.log
method return sender=:1.2 -> dest=:1.47 reply_serial=2
TIFF IMAGE: Cannot read TIFF header.
Floating point exception
method return sender=:1.2 -> dest=:1.49 reply_serial=2
Is it a particular picture that it fails on? Debug log seems useless unfortunately! For some reason the image isn't been detected as a jpg.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Is it a particular picture that it fails on? Debug log seems useless unfortunately! For some reason the image isn't been detected as a jpg.

It doesn't seem to matter which image, and doesn't happen on a specific one each time, but happens within seconds of starting to browse it. I'll remove all the fanart from that test set and give it another try with "fresh" downloads of the images. (meaning clearing out my cache in MIP first).. what's odd is that if the images have an error, they should be removed and recreated automatically when loaded into my app if they are corrupted, but crazier things have happened.
It must have been a corrupt image somewhere, i recompiled from svn, cleaned out everything client side and could not reproduce. I even reset all the images for the test set of data, no change, works as it should.. Maybe an image was corrupted in the cached data in xbmc, i prob should have tried to narrow it down more, but I'm on a very tight timeline.
Ok, i've finally figured this one out.

This problem occurs when there is a 0k fanart file with the movie (in it's folder, or for filemode based on name).

It will grab image, even though invalid, and save it to the xbmc cache, then whenever it gets to that movie, it cores, segmentation fault, xbmc crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When browseing movies in fanart display using pm3-hd skin, xbmc crashes and exits0