• 4(current)
Win HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution
I said it twice now. YOU WILL NOT SEE 1920x1080! you will see 1080i witch is the same!

Obviously you two haven't read my post from beginning to end.
For one. TO make 1920x1080 stick you need to select 1080i not AUTO! read the post again guys Nod
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Blackkatt Wrote:I said it twice now. YOU WILL NOT SEE 1920x1080! you will see 1080i witch is the same!

Obviously you two haven't read my post from beginning to end.
For one. TO make 1920x1080 stick you need to select 1080i not AUTO! read the post again guys Nod

thank you very much, i got it working with 1080i selected. Actually i had to try several times until i can see 1080i appearing on the resolution.

However i noticed that there is still a window border at the bottom of the 2nd screen (my HDTV). how can I get it removed?
nmt1978 Wrote:thank you very much, i got it working with 1080i selected. Actually i had to try several times until i can see 1080i appearing on the resolution.

However i noticed that there is still a window border at the bottom of the 2nd screen (my HDTV). how can I get it removed?

Hi,

Hmm am not sure. If you have Nvidia try resizing the desktop from Nvidia control panel. Or check Video Calibration in XBMC Cool
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Blackkatt Wrote:Hi,

Hmm am not sure. If you have Nvidia try resizing the desktop from Nvidia control panel. Or check Video Calibration in XBMC Cool

I use Intel Video Card onboard, check Video Calibration already, but no luck Sad
I have a strange situation. I don't get XBMC to go fullscreen! It's keeping windowed.

I followed the steps in the startpost, no luck.
I followed the steps where -fs is instead of SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2, no luck.

Is it right to leave the UltraMon - Window settings ignored (exept Monitor2), like show: is "normal".

Some stats: XP SP3, nVidia 7600GS, newest XBMC and UltraMon 3.04 (didn't configure them yet, both).

PS: I is right that the shortcut becomes a special UltraMon shortcut, right? I saw that when I tried to edit one to add -fs tot the target. I had to make a new one to do that!

Edit: I tried the original shortcut (-fs -p). Now I get a maximized (!) XBMC. I can see a little titlebar ontop. That is no fullscreen. Anybody can get it real fullscreen?
Thank You! I suppose I just look stupid for only now getting it all right, but this has bugged the shit out of me for forever on windows. Finally, one click and XBMC opens on my TV, and doesn't screw with my primary display resolution. Truly a wet dream come true.

What I was doing wrong: I had left the -fs in and pasted SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 at the end of it. The result was my primary display being resized to XBMC resolution. Then, once I'd changed ultramon settings I couldn't see (and thus remove) -fs.

Solution: Start with a new shortcut, delete -fs, add SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 and then make the ultramon changes. Really, it works just like Blackkatt has been saying all along. I bet some of you made the same stupid mistake I made, rushed through and didn't follow the damn instructions.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
Hello

I have tied everything I know.

But I had maked my start button on the remote to start xbmc.
But now, i want to start it via this program, so it opens in the 2nd monitor.

But can`t get this to work.

Someone know this?

Use eventghost so you know that.

Kindly

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Just change the shortcut mapping in eventghost from xbmc.exe to the .ink file you've just created
Hello and thanks for a really useful guide. I've used it now since it's first issue.

But I'va got this problem. When looking at the secondary display (720p TV with XBMC) there is a vertical row of rectangulars at the left side of the screen. Also, I have always noticed an unsynced framerate both in movies and menys compared to the "swap main-display"-mode.

This goes for all tried graphisdriver versions and xbmc-versions.

Anyone else seen this? Is there a solution? Smile

Thanks! ///ctm555
I am having the same issue as well...
I have XBMC running on second screen using this guide, I appreciate it however XBMC on the second monitor just lags a litlle, in the menus and during video play back I am not dropping frames just slow laggy XBMC. TO let you know my setup I have a C2d at 3.6 4 gbs of ram vista and nvidia 9800 GT hooked up to a 1080 p monitor to display one and a 720p projector for diplay 2.

Any help would be appreciated!
Homer
it seems that this method generates these lags, if you switch your 2nd display to primary its fine .. also it breaks the 'autodetect refresh feature' of xbmc, it stays at 60hz disregarding the source material i played .. so its not very practical. or am i missed something here?
Same issue here. Video playback lags when running on the second monitor. Also I can't get it to run fullscreen no matter what I do and believe me I've tried everything in this thread a dozen times over. Switching the secondary to primary works just fine although that's not my ideal way of doing things it will have to do.
The posts above are probably the correct description of my "framerate"-issue. But what about my vertial line of boxes? They are not really black, it's like they are..."cut out" from another part of the picture and pasted there...anyone know what I mean? Smile

I really hope the developers adresses this issue. I mean there are probably many people using xbmc in this way and I can only live with this method in short term Smile

Otherwise, GREAT application. Thanks!

Edit1:
Some information:
UltraMon 3.0.4 Beta
Radeon 4550HD

Edit2:

A clue maybe. When I connect my bedroom 1366x768-TV instead, with the resolution still set to 1280x720 the problem with the vertical boxes is still there. BUT when I set the resolution to 1366x768 they disappear...(still laggy though)
<deleted>
Blackkatt Wrote:HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution

Set the environment variable SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 (2 for secondary display) apply and exit...

ex: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2

......Right-click on the XBMC shortcut. As you can see UltraMon have added two new tabs, "UltraMon - Display" & "UltraMon - Window"
a) Click on "UltraMon - Display" check "use custom settings" choose resolution for "secondary display" ex: 1920*1080 and check as enable.
b) Click on "UltraMon - Window" check "use custom settings" show: [normal] on monitor 2 (or whatever display/monitor you like but HEAD="x" must be the same) apply and exit...

Hi, are all those steps needed?

If I create a shortcut and add "SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2", then xbmc starts up fine, full screen on the secondary monitor.

And also if I set only the ultramon window tab, without the other steps, it also starts fine, full screen on monitor2.

So am I missing something by doing ALL of the above steps?

The only problem is that uice wont start from the shortcut, only from the actual executable, so it still will only load up onto my primary display, and windowed! Is there any way to start the shortcut with uice??

thanks.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution4