UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support
your link is broken, it should be http://nolanparty.com/mediapo....?t=3669
thanks... fixed the link
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i'm looking into it as we speak Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin 
@affini, please always seach the forums (from the beginning), lack of doing so in the future will get you an official warning. now we have to merge your post into exising thread.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
any news forza?
not directly related but indirectly this maybe be interesting for developers; a patch been submitted (but not yet accepted) to mplayer for multicast streams support (link)
anybody works on upnp now? i'd like to work on it. i have some experient on upnp on pc. no experience of xbox sdk. thanks
Exclamation 
(yoyojade @ feb. 01 2005,16:36 Wrote:anybody works on upnp now? i'd like to work on it. i have some experient on upnp on pc. no experience of xbox sdk. thanks
forza started looking into the client-side, don't know his progress. you could code a upnp server / remote (preferably in c++) for mediaportal that could later be used with xbmc
gamester17, i may be wrong, but i remember seeing a plug-in for a upnp server for mediacenter.
Star 
(los93sol @ feb. 02 2005,16:29 Wrote:i may be wrong, but i remember seeing a plug-in for a upnp server for mediacenter.
you're not wrong, there is one (though it doesn't fully work yet), but that existing one is being coded in vb.net plus development seems to have halted on it.

c, c++ (or at the very least c# for vs.net) would be better because then both the official xbmc devs and lead developers of mediaportal could work/help Cool
(c++ in vs.net would prefered from our point of view because then it could in theory be quite easily ported later to xbox/xbmc so we get a mediaserver too)
ahhh...thank you for clearing that up. i guess at the very least they have the source available of what they have done that could be used as reference for somebody attempting to write a plugin upnp server in c++ vs.net
is anyone still looking into this? from what i understand the major hurdle is the xdk's lack of support for multicast sockets.

if this is indeed the case, does anyone have any thoughts about simply creating a pc application whose only purpose is to intercept multicast upnp transmissions and retransmit them as standard unicast messages to registered xboxes?

i would be more than willing to develop such an application, but would like some feedback from others as to the technicial feasability of the project. does anyone see any reason offhand why this particular approach may not work?
last i heard forza was looking into this and that was 2 months ago...has there been any progress? any news or anything here?
no real news other than upnp is occupying all my time at the moment Smile i have written a media server for the pc and am 'playing' with code on the xbox - it's too early to say anything yet but it's my primary focus atm.

well, it is good to hear you have been working on getting it done because check this out. http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.source...light=upnp mp now has a upnp server ready to roll, it just needs to be implemented into mp officially. i have been anticipating this advancement for quite a long time now. it will be a great day when xbmc can work as a client to a mp server for live tv and tivo-style functionality. i know it is still a long way off, but i am truly excited about it. i am still holding off a little bit to build a monster mp server for all of the xboxes in the house because i want to see what other advancements they have in store for us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support0